The Student Room Group

Is there anyone on here who sat the OCR GCSE Computing exam in June?

I have nearly completed my a452 controlled assessment and am hoping to get a B in it. My teacher has marked my A453 controlled assessment which was the python one and I got 26/45 which was a C.

I would like to get a B overall in the final exam so is it still possible to get a B overall if I get a C & B in my controlled assessments???
Original post by JackT2000
I have nearly completed my a452 controlled assessment and am hoping to get a B in it. My teacher has marked my A453 controlled assessment which was the python one and I got 26/45 which was a C.

I would like to get a B overall in the final exam so is it still possible to get a B overall if I get a C & B in my controlled assessments???

Yes, I did it!
Reply 2
Original post by sunshine774
Yes, I did it!

Hey, could you answer my question please???

What did u get in A453 and A452? And what did u get overall?
Hey, could you answer my question please???

What did u get in A453 and A452? And what did u get overall?

Lol sorry!:tongue: I got A, A and C in the theory exam. Got a B overall. I was **** at computing! I think you might have to get an A in A451 if your CA's are a B and C...:smile:
Reply 4
Lol sorry!:tongue: I got A, A and C in the theory exam. Got a B overall. I was **** at computing! I think you might have to get an A in A451 if your CA's are a B and C...:smile:

Say if I got two B's in the controlled assessments?

I am only about 3 marks away from a B in A453 so my teacher said that I can come back after school to try and move to a B

Say if I got two B's in the controlled assessments and got a C in the exam, what do you think I would get overall?
Say if I got two B's in the controlled assessments?

I am only about 3 marks away from a B in A453 so my teacher said that I can come back after school to try and move to a B

Say if I got two B's in the controlled assessments and got a C in the exam, what do you think I would get overall?

You'll PROBABLY get a B but bear in mind that you could get a C as the grade boundaries could be dodgy!:s-smilie: So either try and aim for a VERY HIGH B or a LOW A and you should be absolutely fine!x:h: Any reason you need a B (like further study) or is it just personal satisfaction?x:tongue:

Those controlled assessments took me SO long...:s-smilie:
You'll PROBABLY get a B but bear in mind that you could get a C as the grade boundaries could be dodgy!:s-smilie: So either try and aim for a VERY HIGH B or a LOW A and you should be absolutely fine!x:h: Any reason you need a B (like further study) or is it just personal satisfaction?x:tongue:

A452 and A453 I got A*s in, what grade would I need minimum in A451 exam to get an A*?
Reply 7
i got A* for both control assessments ..one had 43/45 the other 44/45 what are your tasks about ?
Reply 8

I just would like to get a B as it would make me very happy because I am planning on doing ICT / computing in college.

If I get two B's in controlled assessment and a C in the exam will I get a C overall?

So how did you revise for Computing because I am finding it very hard to revise for...... And how do you answer the 6 markers??? Do you have a certain style?
Reply 9
Original post by Synonym
i got A* for both control assessments ..one had 43/45 the other 44/45 what are your tasks about ?

A453 (python) was about sentences the one where you had to code a program to check to see how many words are in the sentence

A452 (JavaScript) has the traffic lights where you have to create code for traffic lights so that they change in the correct order when you click on the button
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Praefectus
A452 and A453 I got A*s in, what grade would I need minimum in A451 exam to get an A*?

Wow well done!x:h: If they are high A*s close to full UMS then you will be fine with an A! But if they are low A*s you might want to stay on the safe side and aim for an A* (grade boundaries can be dodgy sometimes!:s-smilie:) I'm sure you can manage it though if you got A*s in the controlled assessments!x:biggrin:

Don't forget that the GCSE is weighted 60% coursework and 40% by examination- so the controlled assessment grade does count for more!x:h:
Original post by Synonym

What were the tasks this year?:smile: (Or did you do it last year and wow well done on those grades!x:biggrin:)
I just would like to get a B as it would make me very happy because I am planning on doing ICT / computing in college.

If I get two B's in controlled assessment and a C in the exam will I get a C overall?

So how did you revise for Computing because I am finding it very hard to revise for...... And how do you answer the 6 markers??? Do you have a certain style?

Like I said it depends and it is too risky I would just stay on the safe side and aim for a B sometimes the grade boundaries can be a bit dodgy!:smile: I really hope you get a B!X:h:

I didn't revise at all for computing- it was a subject I ABSOLUTELY HATED because I never understand the programming bit and I don't want to sound arrogant but all of my other subjects I quite enjoyed and found pretty easy!:tongue: So because I found computing hard and hated ot I didn't want to revise and I was very demotivated!:redface: But check out the OCR GCSE computing videos on youtube! I only watched 2 lol but they were VERY good (much better than a textbook/revision guide!):tongue: And make sure you print off the spec and tick off everything as you go along so you don't miss anything!:smile: AND DO PAST PAPERS! The questions are pretty similar each year!x:h:
Reply 13
Like I said it depends and it is too risky I would just stay on the safe side and aim for a B sometimes the grade boundaries can be a bit dodgy!:smile: I really hope you get a B!X:h:

I didn't revise at all for computing- it was a subject I ABSOLUTELY HATED because I never understand the programming bit and I don't want to sound arrogant but all of my other subjects I quite enjoyed and found pretty easy!:tongue: So because I found computing hard and hated ot I didn't want to revise and I was very demotivated!:redface: But check out the OCR GCSE computing videos on youtube! I only watched 2 lol but they were VERY good (much better than a textbook/revision guide!):tongue: And make sure you print off the spec and tick off everything as you go along so you don't miss anything!:smile: AND DO PAST PAPERS! The questions are pretty similar each year!x:h:

Thanks I hope I get a B as well as it would make me very happy and would just be good.

So if I print off the spec how can I actually revise from it? Do you have examples of any notes or revision material?
Thanks I hope I get a B as well as it would make me very happy and would just be good.

So if I print off the spec how can I actually revise from it? Do you have examples of any notes or revision material?

No because I didn't revise AT ALL for computing!:frown: Print off the spec and tick off the points as you go along so you cover EVERYTHING! Like I said, watch and make notes from those youtube videos and then do LOTS of past papers and mark them! Make sure the questions you get wrong you PRACTICE until you get them right! :smile: And also read the examiner's reports to look for trends!:smile: Tbh if you do this and do it efficiently you can at least achieve an A...:wink:
What were the tasks this year?:smile: (Or did you do it last year and wow well done on those grades!x:biggrin:)

ah it was 2 years back lol

one was about python - had to create a quiz type game

other was to make some app on a -program completely forgot what its called
Original post by Synonym
ah it was 2 years back lol

one was about python - had to create a quiz type game

other was to make some app on a -program completely forgot what its called

Oh right I did it last year!:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest