Hi,
Is it really as bad as everyone says?
Thanks
jct1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It sounds a bit weird, all the rooms are octoganal and you have to switch every term (including one term shared I think)

Sure it'll be a laugh though right?

https://www.facebook.com/durhameme/p...type=3&theater
jpjs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gnfgfsdk)
Hi,
Thanks
I visited it at the open day and it was by far my favourite. It is so much cosier and friendlier than the others. IIRC it isn't true that you have to do a term in a shared room, as you can opt out.

Sadly, even though I put it as my first choice, I got placed into Josephine Butler. At least it isn't Hatfield!
jct1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jpjs)
I visited it at the open day and it was by far my favourite. It is so much cosier and friendlier than the others. IIRC it isn't true that you have to do a term in a shared room, as you can opt out.

Sadly, even though I put it as my first choice, I got placed into Josephine Butler. At least it isn't Hatfield!
See you at JB.. got a wee group chat going if you want to make some friends?
itsConnor_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's great, it's one of the smallest colleges and everyone lives in the same building so there's a real sense of community. You do have to move rooms each term (unless you're able to and choose to stay in your current room in the room ballot), although this means you can choose who you live with. You're expected to share for one term, although not everyone shares in the end
fxithb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jpjs)

want to switch? :') chose Josephine Butler as my first choice and got Trevelyan instead
durhamdunce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gnfgfsdk)
Hi,
Thanks
Probably worse to be honest. Everyone makes fun of you, its miles from shops/lectures/seminars or even a ATM, and worst of all there is the real possibility of a second Trevacuation/Trexit! (which if you don't know was when the electricity was cut for two days, basically nobody had access to their belongings and had to live on friend's rooms from other colleges/MC gym floor/get a hotel room at own expense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads