Typed Vs Handwritten Notes

Watch this thread
CuriousCat567
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in the horrific process of making notes for my GCSE subjects and I know handwritten notes are supposed to help more. However, I take triple science and dense subjects like Geography and History. So I'm gonna be handwriting for geography as it involves diagrams I'll have to remember but what's your opinion and how do you do your notes? Also, the time it'll take worries me too.

EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I typically used a combination of both; basics and hard copies of notes were typed, but I had many that I hand wrote.

For example: I had a revision powerpoint printed off for a Crusades mock exam I had earlier today, with minimal information on it, but I handwrote notes and key dates around it.
ax12
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CuriousCat567)
I'm in the horrific process of making notes for my GCSE subjects and I know handwritten notes are supposed to help more. However, I take triple science and dense subjects like Geography and History. So I'm gonna be handwriting for geography as it involves diagrams I'll have to remember but what's your opinion and how do you do your notes? Also, the time it'll take worries me too.
I've always handwritten notes from GCSE to university, and it's the best way in my opinion to help things go in better! Don't worry about making the super neat and colourful though if you're struggling to get them completed. If you really struggle with the time it takes though, doing them on the computer might be more beneficial in the long run. I also finds that it helps making revision resources as I go along, like flashcards (brainscape is good) and summary questions at the end of each lesson/topic. It helps you to check that you understand what you learn as you go along as well as make things to revise from in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (15)
18.29%
The paper was reasonable (28)
34.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (30)
36.59%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
10.98%

Watched Threads