The Student Room Group

This damn psychoanalysis essay - please help!

Hi guys!

I have to write a 4000 word essay for my psychoanalysis course. Since it was an option module and I am actually studying something quite different, I am really struggling to answer the question properly! I have read parts of Freud, penis envy and all that jazz, but I am still not sure what to write..

The question is:
"What does ‘sexuality’ mean in psychoanalysis, and how might this differ from concepts of gender and sexual difference?"

If you have any thoughts on this or ideas how I could tackle this question, please let me know! I would really appreciate your help. :smile:

PS: I am an international student and English is not my first language, so if you find any mistakes in this, please be kind. :wink:
Hello there,

First of all I would define Psychoanalysis, sexuality, differences in gender orientation and sexual difference. And think how they may relate.

I would say sexuality is to what degree you affectionately feel towards someone.

Perhaps someone was sexually abused. As psychoanalysis is therapy, using the principles of the psychodynamic approach. Perhaps gender orientations and sexual differences are social constructs. What is sexuality ?

Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending