Aqa linear sociology as/a2 help me

Watch this thread
GreenNinjaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
GUYS

I'm actually struggling man :'(

I need to get a B in sociology to get into uni... I'm currently on a D/E OMGGG

My question is:

HOW DO I ACE THIS DEVIL SUBJECT

For AS I am studying:
EDUCATION
FAMILIES AND HOUSEHOLDS

For A2, I am studying:
CRIME AND DEVIANCE
MEDIA
I do try to revise the basics, it's just memorising theories and all that

I enjoy working with mindmaps, which I've also attempted

What annoys me is that since it is linear this year, ALL THE EXAMS FOR THESE TOPICS WILL BE SAT AT SIMILAR TIMES FGSSS

I feel like there's just too much content to be put into a mindmap, so if You lot have any other revision techniques, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Much appreciated
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
beautifulbigmacs
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GreenNinjaa)
GUYS

I'm actually struggling man :'(

I need to get a B in sociology to get into uni... I'm currently on a D/E OMGGG

My question is:

HOW DO I ACE THIS DEVIL SUBJECT

For AS I am studying:
EDUCATION
FAMILIES AND HOUSEHOLDS

For A2, I am studying:
CRIME AND DEVIANCE
MEDIA
I do try to revise the basics, it's just memorising theories and all that

I enjoy working with mindmaps, which I've also attempted

What annoys me is that since it is linear this year, ALL THE EXAMS FOR THESE TOPICS WILL BE SAT AT SIMILAR TIMES FGSSS

I feel like there's just too much content to be put into a mindmap, so if You lot have any other revision techniques, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Much appreciated
Just clarify for me, which syllabus are you doing? It looks to me like you've listed the old syllabus structure so I just want to check.

Either way, for content, the Collins A level books are the best. They are discontinued because there are newer resources for the new syllabus now but the content is excellent. Memorise it and refine your exam/writing technique. The Collins books are the red ones on amazon/ebay. The front covers of the four books are fish, ladybirds, penguins etc.
GreenNinjaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
Just clarify for me, which syllabus are you doing? It looks to me like you've listed the old syllabus structure so I just want to check.

Either way, for content, the Collins A level books are the best. They are discontinued because there are newer resources for the new syllabus now but the content is excellent. Memorise it and refine your exam/writing technique. The Collins books are the red ones on amazon/ebay. The front covers of the four books are fish, ladybirds, penguins etc.
Thanks for your reply!

Forgot to mention, this is the NEW syllabus for AQA.
We are using the A LEVEL SOCIOLOGY text book in Blue for A2, and red for AS
beautifulbigmacs
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GreenNinjaa)
Thanks for your reply!

Forgot to mention, this is the NEW syllabus for AQA.
We are using the A LEVEL SOCIOLOGY text book in Blue for A2, and red for AS
Okey dokey

Condense theories from textbooks into a list of bullet points to help with memorising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.07%
The paper was reasonable (137)
37.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.43%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed