http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/2...-map-splc-2016

Thanks Trump(!)
joe cooley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Alternative headline:

"MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE BECOMING CONCERNED BY THE THREAT ISLAMIC IMMIGRATION POSES"

Not quite as appealing to the SJW type but closer to the truth.
DruidKing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The last thing this country needs is another oppressive religion going through the growing pains of its adolescence.
tammie123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My sisters friend recently got attacked by an islamophobe (this was in the UK) and she wears a niqab. While this islamophobe was trying to attack her she just tried to remain calm and not do anything but then things got too much and she attacked back (my sisters friend knows martial arts) then the coward ran off. LOL. So anyway the moral of this story and the message I want to send out to my sisters reading this is learn martial arts. I will learn it soon. We should all know how to defend ourselves incase. There's a lot of bigots and horrible people out there
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
My sisters friend recently got attacked by an islamophobe (this was in the UK) and she wears a niqab. While this islamophobe was trying to attack her she just tried to remain calm and not do anything but then things got too much and she attacked back (my sisters friend knows martial arts) then the coward ran off. LOL. So anyway the moral of this story and the message I want to send out to my sisters reading this is learn martial arts. I will learn it soon. We should all know how to defend ourselves incase. There's a lot of bigots and horrible people out there
Moral of the story: if you want to attack someone, carry a weapon, in the case your victim knows martial arts.

Spoiler:
Show

jk

tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cherub012)
Moral of the story: if you want to attack someone, carry a weapon, in the case you victim knows martial arts.

Spoiler:
Show

jk

ahahahaha soo funny lmao LOOOOOL

Spoiler:
Show

not
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A woman wearing a hijab, niqab or whatever else, shouldn't need to have to learn martial arts to protect herself. It is a sad state of affairs that people should feel they have to do this. Anti-Muslim bigotry is definitely an issue that needs to be tackled to prevent such attacks from happening.
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
By the way you should be careful with what you say, you never know someone could find out somehow what your identity is and it could affect your career. My brother is a genius with IT. But don't worry I wouldn't do anything but someone else may not be as nice as me. Just saying
What are you on about?

It was barely offensive. :lol:

If your brother finds out where I live tell him to come over for lunch.
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's so easy to be labeled a 'hate group' these days I'm not that surprised.

Say anything negative about immigration or the religion of Islam and BAM, hate group!
tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are you on about?

It was barely offensive. :lol:

If your brother finds out where I live tell him to come over for lunch.
I give up with you bigots. I can't believe you don't see why that wasn't a very nice thing to say. It may give violent bigots ideas
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I give up with you bigots. I can't believe you don't see why that wasn't a very nice thing to say. It may give violent bigots ideas
I admit it was a poorly constructed joke and I am ashamed for its unfunniness. Though, I don't think it was particularly offensive.

But apparently your previous post was? (Or did you delete it yourself?)
tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I admit it was a poorly constructed joke and I am ashamed for its unfunniness. Though, I don't think it was particularly offensive.

But apparently your previous post was? (Or did you delete it yourself?)
I deleted it myself because I didn't want people to feel scared stating their opinions (no matter how horrible they may be). They can't say these opinions in real life because they'd be grilled left right and centre by their peers so they should have somewhere they can vent lol
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Vox?!?!?! :lol:
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I deleted it myself because I didn't want people to feel scared stating their opinions (no matter how horrible they may be). They can't say these opinions in real life because they'd be grilled left right and centre by their peers so they should have somewhere they can vent lol
Ok cool. Did you really find it offensive?

A muslim repped my comment btw.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dont really trust this they probably classify anything remotely non "all muslims are lovely people and whites are evil" as a evil hate group

Meanwhile lets go and have a look at hate groups in the middle east, suprisingly there many of then actually run a nation
tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok cool. Did you really find it offensive?

A muslim repped my comment btw.
yeah it was quite insensitive and the muslim who repped your comment was probably a guy. I don't expect a male muslim to understand the fear we experience on a daily basis to even step out of our houses (I mean the female muslims who wear islamic clothing). Why should we be scared to simply express ourselves, is this acceptable in a supposedly 'free' country?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
I dont really trust this they probably classify anything remotely non "all muslims are lovely people and whites are evil" as a evil hate group

Meanwhile lets go and have a look at hate groups in the middle east, suprisingly there many of then actually run a nation
As long as they used the same criteria before and after then would it really matter/ The emphasis is on the increase rather than the number. the FBI also seem to reflect the increase.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm definitely learning martial arts now so I can flykick haterz
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah it was quite insensitive and the muslim who repped your comment was probably a guy. I don't expect a male muslim to understand the fear we experience on a daily basis to even step out of our houses (I mean the female muslims who wear islamic clothing). Why should we be scared to simply express ourselves, is this acceptable in a supposedly 'free' country?
Yeah... I wasn't commenting on Muslims at all. I was just referring to the bit where you said people should learn martial arts to defend themselves.
oldercon1953
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah... I wasn't commenting on Muslims at all. I was just referring to the bit where you said people should learn martial arts to defend themselves.
If I could offer this; I was involved with martial arts for close to 8 years. for two of those yrs. I taught a womens' class. I can say that martial arts training is great for health and coordination and confidence building but, I have to say, for most girls and women I wouldn't recommend it ALONE as a means of realistic self defense. The reason is that most females don't have the strength to fend off an adult male. No matter their mastery of technic, an adult male that knows how to fight and is probably bigger, stronger, and has a reach on you will turn your face to hamburger if you try to box him.
There are exceptions to this of course

The only self defense I know that works everytime is a small near empty purse that a 38 special can hide in and when you feel threatened grip the gun but don't take it out of the purse. If you are attacked just fire through the purse until the gun is empty. If the attacker is down turn around and get out of there and if you want go report it to the police.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (317)
65.77%
No (165)
34.23%

Watched Threads