BPP or University of Law for LPC? Watch

monkey231
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,

I will graduate with an LLB from Durham this summer and am deciding whether to go to BPP or Uni of Law for my LPC. I don't have a TC yet, and my decision will hinge on this.

I am particularly interested in applying to American firms (i.e. Weil, Skadden, Latham etc). As far as I can see, the firms seem 50/50 on the LPC providers.

So does it matter which one I pick?

Thanks!
monkey231
Rep:
?
(Original post by J-SP)
Really doesn't matter. They only have a preference for LPC providers as they have a preferential rate they pay for sponsored course places. If you are doing the LPC of your own accord, it doesn't matter where you do it as you are not on a sponsored course.

I wouldn't be rushing into the LPC without sponsorship, especially for the type of firm you are aiming for, and where the LPC might not be the best route in less than 9 months time.
Thank you for the information!
CharlotteM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am currently studying the LPC at The University of Law in London. Happy to answer any questions
monkey231
Rep:
?
(Original post by CharlotteM)
I am currently studying the LPC at The University of Law in London. Happy to answer any questions
Hey Charlotte, how would you say your experience with the careers department has been?
CharlotteM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by monkey231)
Hey Charlotte, how would you say your experience with the careers department has been?
Honestly, not that great. But there are plenty of resources available so I have been fine muddling through. I didn't want to apply for corporate/commercial firms and this appears to be where their knowledge of firms is. I know some people have great experiences so I might have been unlucky. They are happy to read through applications, check your CV etc so that has been helpful
zaihas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, not that great. But there are plenty of resources available so I have been fine muddling through. I didn't want to apply for corporate/commercial firms and this appears to be where their knowledge of firms is. I know some people have great experiences so I might have been unlucky. They are happy to read through applications, check your CV etc so that has been helpful
Hi Charlotte,

Are you studying the LPC full time or part time and what is your timetable like? I'm considering the LPC in university of law for a september start so any information would be useful
PreciousRobo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello Charlotte,
I am also completing the LPC at ULaw. Do you know anyone currently doing the immigration elective. I have a question. Please let me know.
steve chris
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how was it? I have an offer from BPP and UoL for LLM with LPC
Nbegun2018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello! It is good to find you here! I been there in an open day. I have got offer for LPC from UOL and from BPP. Now I’m totally confused whom to choose. How are you finding it there? Can you tell me what module to choose? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads