Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to this our loans may not arrive on time!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...213420,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    According to this our loans may not arrive on time!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...213420,00.html
    Looking at the article, there is nothing new in it. The "studentfinancedirect" project that you will all have had passwords etc mailed out to you is a complete shambles. All this article states is that the staff at SLC/LEAs are having massive problems themselves and whoever wrote the system is going to be hung out to dry!

If you have applied, but not recieved your loan, then the Unis will have to wait for their rent. If they make a fuss, just tell them you are going to have to drop out as your loan has been delayed.

There will be contigency measures put into place, most likely the Universities and/or Government will have to run a bail-out loan to cover people.

It is most likely to affect people who apply after knowing their results, i.e. jump straight into clearing as their first dealings with UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    The Independent reported this last week - and someone made a post about it.

If you got your PN1 form in before the 2nd July deadline there is no problem at all. The problem will come with all those 'idiots' who failed to head advice to apply for a loan even if you haven't got a place yet, and will apply next week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    The Independent reported this last week - and someone made a post about it.

If you got your PN1 form in before the 2nd July deadline there is no problem at all. The problem will come with all those 'idiots' who failed to head advice to apply for a loan even if you haven't got a place yet, and will apply next week...
    Phew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Phew!
    I'll second that!
    Still haven't had any response though but my LEA said they're working it through...matter of patience I believe

ReputationRep:
    I have not heared anything about my loan yet either, I have the confirmation from the LEA but not the student loans company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have not heared anything about my loan yet either, I have the confirmation from the LEA but not the student loans company.
    Aye, many of us are still waiting for that. I think LEA's are all processing the forms in the order they're received, my local ones at May so far so that's not far off my form, they're going as fast as they can so it really is trying to be patient . Aside from results finance is the next biggest worry/maybe on par!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Aye, many of us are still waiting for that. I think LEA's are all processing the forms in the order they're received, my local ones at May so far so that's not far off my form, they're going as fast as they can so it really is trying to be patient . Aside from results finance is the next biggest worry/maybe on par!
    Me too, I am earned about £1000 working this year, next year I am probably not going to be working and on top of that I am only taking out a £2000 loan instead of a £3k one so I will have to budget a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm... bit worried. My LEA told my parents I HAD to sign it b4 they could even start processing it and so my student loan form had to go in via Ghana (I've only just come back from my gap year there)!!! It therefore was late in... do u think that means I'll be stuck without my loan till well into the first term?

ReputationRep:
    I'll second that!
    Still haven't had any response though but my LEA said they're working it through...matter of patience I believe
    I applied before the deadline but there was some 'fiasco' over my NINO, so I'm hoping that doesn't affect it here now....

All I did was get two digits wrong because my card was stolen quite some time ago.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything either yet and I applied before the deadline. I'm a bit worried since my sister who applied after the deadline has already got hers and my mates said that they got theirs ages ago..whilst we were doing our exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I applied before the deadline but there was some 'fiasco' over my NINO, so I'm hoping that doesn't affect it here now....

All I did was get two digits wrong because my card was stolen quite some time ago.
    You should probably contact your LEA just to make sure everythings running alright? Certainly if you haven't had a response by results day

(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I haven't heard anything either yet and I applied before the deadline. I'm a bit worried since my sister who applied after the deadline has already got hers and my mates said that they got theirs ages ago..whilst we were doing our exams!
    That sounds like a definite issue unless they've messed up in ordering their forms properly/lost it! There's no harm in contacting your LEA on these things, they seemed friendly when I phoned them up though I can only imagine the pressure they're under to get these forms completed right now. I think I will sit here patiently till I get a letter.

ReputationRep:
    You should probably contact your LEA just to make sure everythings running alright? Certainly if you haven't had a response by results day

That sounds like a definite issue unless they've messed up in ordering their forms properly/lost it! There's no harm in contacting your LEA on these things, they seemed friendly when I phoned them up though I can only imagine the pressure they're under to get these forms completed right now. I think I will sit here patiently till I get a letter.
    Yeah, I think I will ring them up - or even better get my sister to enquire since she works for the Council!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping because my loan is non-income assessed it will come through OK...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.