improving my grades? is this the max to my intelligence?

ReputationRep:
    hello, i got 6 a*s, 2 a's and 1 b at i/gcses
    im doing ib currently predicted a total of 40 (i hope i can achieve this)
    anyway, some people did much better at their i/gcses etc. and i only want to apply to top unis (also what my parents want) so how can i do well since my i/g's arent that good? i have plenty of extracurriculars and stuff btw, to help me get into uni.
    i study so much already to achieve the grades i have. am i just naturally dumb and have to work harder to get what others can get easily? thanks

ReputationRep:
    hello! i'm not sure if i've understood your question correctly, and i'm canadian so i can't say much on the english school system... however, when it comes to ib, my #1 tip if you're looking to get your grades up would be to make sure you know and follow the criteria (to the letter!).. ib has a list of very specific things they look for and assign points for in projects! try to find the criteria for any of your assessments online (if your teacher doesn't already supply you with them! ) and really base yourself off of those! what i've noticed with a lot of my friends is that their grades suffer, not because they aren't smart and aren't working hard, but because they forget that the examiner has a strict rubric for grading if you're looking for grades, try to show them the specific things they want to see! good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.