Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think religion might be more you know
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i dont care about ethnicity lols my religion is my culture. a lot of asian cultures conflict with religion anyway plus nationalism paves way for racism against other nationalities.
immigrant #963
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nopity freaking nope. That's what the British thought when they partitioned Bharat into India for the Hindus and Pakistan and Bangladesh (East PK then) for Muslims. Know how that ended? Mass genocide.

So um, nope, culture holds a bigger sentiment to a lot of people.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by airportsh8me)
Nopity freaking nope. That's what the BBritish thought when they partitioned Bharat into India for the Hindus and Pakistan and Bangladesh (East PK then) for Muslims. Know how that ended? Mass genocide.

So um, nope, culture holds a bigger sentiment to a lot of people.
very interesting and i agree somewhat but what do you personally choose? religion or nationality?
immigrant #963
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mervin101)
very interesting and i agree somewhat but what do you personally choose? religion or nationality?
Nationality/ethnicity. I have more in common. Plus, there seems to be a lot of racial conflict within religions from what I've seen.
Herfest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I choose religion or nationality, It's who you want to be with for me.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hawke0)
Nationality > Religion in Asia?
Depends where... in East Asia, Nationality definitely seems more important than Religion

Asia is a large place man...
Ibbyyyyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Approximately half the world is Asian. Tha means there is a 50% chance of getting an asian if you picked 2 random people from the Earth's population. I'd say religion is more important in Western and Southern Asia, but culture is definitely more important in East Asia.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by airportsh8me)
Nationality/ethnicity. I have more in common. Plus, there seems to be a lot of racial conflict within religions from what I've seen.
I think theres conflict in both really
I'm iranian & pakistani and for me its more the fact that these countries are so oppressive to women and the only thing women do there is get married lol (obv its starting to change). So why would I be close with something or someone that views be as property?
I also hate the culture tbh however i am proud of where my parents grew up and the problems they faced

i'm more close to religion so i see my religion as my culture
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hawke0)
If I choose religion or nationality, It's who you want to be with for me.
Agreed. its basically in the most simple terms what you connect with and like more.
Herfest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Agreed. its basically in the most simple terms what you connect with and like more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
9.17%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10%
No, but maybe I will look into it (30)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (67)
55.83%

Watched Threads