Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Nationality > Religion in Asia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nationality > Religion in Asia?

ReputationRep:
    I think religion might be more you know

ReputationRep:
    i dont care about ethnicity lols my religion is my culture. a lot of asian cultures conflict with religion anyway plus nationalism paves way for racism against other nationalities.

ReputationRep:
    Nopity freaking nope. That's what the British thought when they partitioned Bharat into India for the Hindus and Pakistan and Bangladesh (East PK then) for Muslims. Know how that ended? Mass genocide.

So um, nope, culture holds a bigger sentiment to a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airportsh8me)
    Nopity freaking nope. That's what the BBritish thought when they partitioned Bharat into India for the Hindus and Pakistan and Bangladesh (East PK then) for Muslims. Know how that ended? Mass genocide.

So um, nope, culture holds a bigger sentiment to a lot of people.
    very interesting and i agree somewhat but what do you personally choose? religion or nationality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mervin101)
    very interesting and i agree somewhat but what do you personally choose? religion or nationality?
    Nationality/ethnicity. I have more in common. Plus, there seems to be a lot of racial conflict within religions from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    If I choose religion or nationality, It's who you want to be with for me.

(Original post by Hawke0)
    Nationality > Religion in Asia?
    Depends where... in East Asia, Nationality definitely seems more important than Religion

Asia is a large place man...

ReputationRep:
    Approximately half the world is Asian. Tha means there is a 50% chance of getting an asian if you picked 2 random people from the Earth's population. I'd say religion is more important in Western and Southern Asia, but culture is definitely more important in East Asia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airportsh8me)
    Nationality/ethnicity. I have more in common. Plus, there seems to be a lot of racial conflict within religions from what I've seen.
    I think theres conflict in both really
    I'm iranian & pakistani and for me its more the fact that these countries are so oppressive to women and the only thing women do there is get married lol (obv its starting to change). So why would I be close with something or someone that views be as property?
    I also hate the culture tbh however i am proud of where my parents grew up and the problems they faced

i'm more close to religion so i see my religion as my culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawke0)
    If I choose religion or nationality, It's who you want to be with for me.
    Agreed. its basically in the most simple terms what you connect with and like more.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. its basically in the most simple terms what you connect with and like more.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: March 12, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.