username2230787
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im not firming anything yet just because it seems wise to wait however something is confusing me, because of my performance at the interview the university said (backed up by subsequent emails and letters) if i firmed it the offer would be unconditional (which was great because it was going to be my firm choice anyway and has always been my favourite). However on track you have to choose your firm and insurance at the same time, so im confused as to whether or not i put an insurance as my firm choice offer will only go unconditional when i firm it and i cant firm it separately. Im tempted to just not have an insurance because your not supposed to if it is unconditional but is this risky in case it doesnt turn unconditional on track?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Salamandastron)
Im not firming anything yet just because it seems wise to wait however something is confusing me, because of my performance at the interview the university said (backed up by subsequent emails and letters) if i firmed it the offer would be unconditional (which was great because it was going to be my firm choice anyway and has always been my favourite). However on track you have to choose your firm and insurance at the same time, so im confused as to whether or not i put an insurance as my firm choice offer will only go unconditional when i firm it and i cant firm it separately. Im tempted to just not have an insurance because your not supposed to if it is unconditional but is this risky in case it doesnt turn unconditional on track?
I don't know much about this (this would be one for applications and UCAS) but I would say put down the uni as your firm and choose what would have been the insurance as the insurance, and see if it works. If it doesn't produce the desired result then you should be able to contact ucas about it.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can pick an insurance. But once your firm is made unconditional your insurance will be notified and they won't have to hold a place for you anymore.

Basically if you pick an insurance it will not be valid once your firm is unconditional. It's up to you whether it's worth bothering or not.
username2230787
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can pick an insurance. But once your firm is made unconditional your insurance will be notified and they won't have to hold a place for you anymore.

Basically if you pick an insurance it will not be valid once your firm is unconditional. It's up to you whether it's worth bothering or not.
ah ok thank you for that, was just worried in case it annoyed the firm one or something, i know this isnt really related but what does 'proof of qualifications' mean? because i would have assumed that the centre sending the application was the proof? do i need to ask the school to provide anything extra?

thanks
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ah ok thank you for that, was just worried in case it annoyed the firm one or something, i know this isnt really related but what does 'proof of qualifications' mean? because i would have assumed that the centre sending the application was the proof? do i need to ask the school to provide anything extra?

thanks
What qualifications are you taking?

Did you have any completed qualifications on your application?
username2230787
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What qualifications are you taking?

Did you have any completed qualifications on your application?
currently A2 levels
on my application the qualifications were GCSEs and AS levels and the school attached the predicted A2 grades
i do know that the uni has seen these grades because when i went to the interview they showed me my application form and said that that was another one of the reasons they would offer the unconditional, which is why it confused me a bit that it says 'conditional until proof of qualifications'
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
currently A2 levels
on my application the qualifications were GCSEs and AS levels and the school attached the predicted A2 grades
i do know that the uni has seen these grades because when i went to the interview they showed me my application form and said that that was another one of the reasons they would offer the unconditional, which is why it confused me a bit that it says 'conditional until proof of qualifications'
They'll get your A level results from the exam boards via UCAS so you won't need to prove those. Some universities will ask to see your GCSE certificates (although your referee checked them some schools/colleges are unreliable about how well they check GCSE grades). Give them a quick ring to see if they need you to send anything directly.
username2230787
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
They'll get your A level results from the exam boards via UCAS so you won't need to prove those. Some universities will ask to see your GCSE certificates (although your referee checked them some schools/colleges are unreliable about how well they check GCSE grades). Give them a quick ring to see if they need you to send anything directly.
thank you :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads