The Student Room Group

Baby boomers are complaining about millennials

A generation with a huge sense of entitlement: Bosses complain that Millennials are spoilt, full of themselves, averse to hard work and expect 'success on a plate' so what does that mean for society?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4232696/Millenials-generation-huge-sense-entitlement.html#ixzz4YyiR9Xwn

I think baby boomers are by far the most privileged and entitled group of people. How dare they complain about millennials when baby boomers were the ones to enjoy the most financial security of all generations.
Original post by _icecream
A generation with a huge sense of entitlement: Bosses complain that Millennials are spoilt, full of themselves, averse to hard work and expect 'success on a plate' so what does that mean for society?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4232696/Millenials-generation-huge-sense-entitlement.html#ixzz4YyiR9Xwn

I think baby boomers are by far the most privileged and entitled group of people. How dare they complain about millennials when baby boomers were the ones to enjoy the most financial security of all generations.

Both generation has some severe distinctions. The baby boomers are complete hoarders yes. And the millennials think they are all superstars even if they haven't achieved anything, and they can't deal with criticism of any kind. They don't recognise that in many areas they don't know more than other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Free_speech
Both generation has some severe distinctions. The baby boomers are complete hoarders yes. And the millennials think they are all superstars even if they haven't achieved anything, and they can't deal with criticism of any kind. They don't recognise that in many areas they don't know more than other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have you come up with these generalisations from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Where have you come up with these generalisations from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Experience for example I know that baby boomers are very hooked on material objects, they hate throwing things away and have cupboards full of junk they never use. In the U.S. it's very common for them to have container loads of rented storage space for this junk, a bit like Citizen Kane. The same principle goes their their money, therefore many tend to die holding a lot of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Experience for example I know that baby boomers are very hooked on material objects, they hate throwing things away and have cupboards full of junk they never use. In the U.S. it's very common for them to have container loads of rented storage space for this junk, a bit like Citizen Kane. The same principle goes their their money, therefore many tend to die holding a lot of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This all just seems like opinions based on very little that you're trying to present as though it's factual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know many milenials who are hooked on their objects.

What is so bad about hating to throw things away?
Reply 6
Important to remember Baby Boomers won the Cold War and took us to the moon.
Original post by TLM_

Baby boomers would have been no older than 23 when man first walked on the moon, they had nothing to do with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLM_

They also spent 60 years doing **** all about climate change and i,onmrntal degredation, contributed to the huge rise in Islamic terrorism, continued to let billions of people die of preventable diseases like malaria and cholera, oversaw massive increases in income innequality, they benefited massively from a more generous state yet are amongst the first against providing those privileges to their children...
Original post by mojojojo101
They also spent 60 years doing **** all about climate change and i,onmrntal degredation, contributed to the huge rise in Islamic terrorism, continued to let billions of people die of preventable diseases like malaria and cholera, oversaw massive increases in income innequality, they benefited massively from a more generous state yet are amongst the first against providing those privileges to their children...

Climate change is a completely natural phenomenon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Old people will always complain about younger people. Watch in thirty-forty years when we'll be doing the same thing to the next generation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct however humans have sped up the pace which is bad for all of us
Reply 12
Original post by mojojojo101

Although a certain amount of that is true, Bill Gates is a baby boomer and he's done more to combat disease in Africa than arguably any singular human in history. Also unrest in the middle east is a problem caused by generations right back to those born at the turn of the century and before when they split it up into countries as they saw fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The greenhouse gas effect is a natural phenomenon,that's why earth is not as cold as Mars for example.However if you put lots more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere which absorb heat then you start to go the way of Venus which has a runaway greenhouse effect.The climate naturally varies on the order of hundreds of thousands of years not mere decades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending