The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry new 1 7405/1 - 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roman hang Limbu
Yep that makes sense, a long winded method but it would work in real life i guess lol.

haha if you come across a shorter method do share
Does anyone know where an unofficial mark scheme is?
CHEM.pngDoes anyone have a method on how to work out A and C? This is one the examples where they change concentration for every single one...Can anyone help me please..Thanks
Original post by AR123456789
Hope it helps and hopefully it's correct anyway I don't think this'll come up since it was is paper 1.

thankss
Original post by desigenius
Here is how you do it.. the other reply you got is wrong.

Office Lens 20170624-193452.jpg

Thank youu

Does anyone have a method on how to work out A and C? This is one the examples where they change concentration for every single one...Can anyone help me please..Thanks

(Assuming that you've worked out that the order with respect to B = 1.)

For experiments 2 and 3, [C] remains constant. You know the order with respect to B = 1, and since is doubled, 3.20×103×2=6.4×1033.20\times10^{-3} \times 2 = 6.4\times10^{-3}. But, the initial rate is 4 times less, and since [A] is halved, you can deduce from this that the order with respect to A is 2, since 0.52=0.250.25×6.4×103=1.6×1030.5^2 = 0.25 \rightarrow 0.25 \times 6.4\times10^{-3} = 1.6\times10^{-3}.

I'll let you try the rest. Use experiments 3 and 4 to find C.
(edited 6 years ago)
CHEM.pngDoes anyone have a method on how to work out A and C? This is one the examples where they change concentration for every single one...Can anyone help me please..Thanks

Don't let it put you off, you could workout 9rder of other first and then determine others
Guys can you help me out, can somebody kindly post all the method for each practical so I could go through it ... it would be very helpful .. thankyou
How is everyone practicing calculation questions? They threw me off in the last 2 exams, especially that 8 marker, and most old spec questions seem too easy
Original post by igotnomoney
Guys can you help me out, can somebody kindly post all the method for each practical so I could go through it ... it would be very helpful .. thankyou

chemrevise has them all, but you'll have to look at the specific topic as its not in all in one booklet
I just read somewhere that if you change volume and initial concentration remains same the rate of reaction will be affected. Why is this , surely if you change volume pressure would be affected so therefore more molecules will have energy greater than activational energy hence higher succesful collisions.??
Original post by igotnomoney
I just read somewhere that if you change volume and initial concentration remains same the rate of reaction will be affected. Why is this , surely if you change volume pressure would be affected so therefore more molecules will have energy greater than activational energy hence higher succesful collisions.??

I am not 100% sure but I think the issue may be regarding the rate equation. For example if rate = k x conc of A x conc of B, you can see the rate is only dependent on the conc of those two species; not the total volume. Does that make any sense?
Ready for paper 3 everyone? :tongue:

Its my last A level exam.
Original post by kiiten
Ready for paper 3 everyone? :tongue:

Its my last A level exam.

Yeah it's my last exam too. I don't know I'm feeling bit scared because I feel like I'm forgetting things lol .. I've done so well in paper 1 and paper 2 and I think this paper will screw me over and I will lose my A star or even A
What's everyone revising for inorganic chemistry?
Reply 1655
Quick question: In the iodine clock reaction, we add different volumes of water in each mixture. Why is this? I know its to get each mixture to the same volume but why?
Reply 1656
Original post by Mina_
Quick question: In the iodine clock reaction, we add different volumes of water in each mixture. Why is this? I know its to get each mixture to the same volume but why?

The independent variable is concentration. By using different volumes you get different concentrations
Guys do you think transition metals may make an appearance again??? I know there was a whole question on it but I don't know I feel like AQA loves them 😂😂
Reply 1658
Does anyone by chance have the set 2 version of the paper 3 specimen and mark scheme and are able to send it to me? I'd really appreciate it :smile: or just post it here or whatevs thankyou
Original post by Stannis98
Guys do you think transition metals may make an appearance again??? I know there was a whole question on it but I don't know I feel like AQA loves them 😂😂

yes cus not much came on it i think itll be like using spectrophotometry and like why we see ceratin colours and not other and go over ahrenius jus incase and iodine stop.

i doubt ph or titrations will come up gain, cus they were in spec paper twice and ph came up in paper 1 too. Maybe go over calorimetry and like autocatalysis reactions, they are preety ez marks if u learn it and i have a feeling electrochemical cells are coming up again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending