The Student Room Group

Need help with university application....

I have yet to submit my application for the Ap exams.. I will do it around next week. Is it okay if I enter that I will be taking Ap exams on my ucas application?
Original post by Byun.B
I have yet to submit my application for the Ap exams.. I will do it around next week. Is it okay if I enter that I will be taking Ap exams on my ucas application?

Definitely ok, just choose pending so the unis know you haven't taken them yet. It would be better if you did have predicted scores for them though if you have a teacher. If not pending is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Definitely ok, just choose pending so the unis know you haven't taken them yet. It would be better if you did have predicted scores for them though if you have a teacher. If not pending is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much. I am actually self studying right now because I want to go to university so I don't have a teacher.
Original post by Byun.B
Thank you so much. I am actually self studying right now because I want to go to university so I don't have a teacher.

No problem :smile: what APs are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No problem :smile: what APs are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I originally wanted to take Ap Computer Science, Biology and Statistics but now I'm not sure if that will be enough to receive an offer. So I'm planning to also add Calculus and Psychology. I don't have any other qualifications except for Gcse's.
Original post by Byun.B
I originally wanted to take Ap Computer Science, Biology and Statistics but now I'm not sure if that will be enough to receive an offer. So I'm planning to also add Calculus and Psychology. I don't have any other qualifications except for Gcse's.

Good luck, :smile: AP CompSci and Biology are very difficult. The Calc, Psych, and Stats are pretty straightforward though! (Psych is basically just memorisation) if you want to add an AP test which is easier to get a high grade and self study, I would suggest adding EnviSci or Human Geography. Otherwise all these courses are ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Good luck, :smile: AP CompSci and Biology are very difficult. The Calc, Psych, and Stats are pretty straightforward though! (Psych is basically just memorisation) if you want to add an AP test which is easier to get a high grade and self study, I would suggest adding EnviSci or Human Geography. Otherwise all these courses are ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will consider them! ^^
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

um hi!! sorry i have one more question!! um I have lived in the UK before. I moved to the UK in 2009 and I moved from there to another country in 2012. So now I'm living in another country.. for the UCAS application.. there's a part where it asks for date of entry. Which one do I need to put? 2009 when I first went to the Uk or 2017 when I will go back to start uni?
Original post by Byun.B
um hi!! sorry i have one more question!! um I have lived in the UK before. I moved to the UK in 2009 and I moved from there to another country in 2012. So now I'm living in another country.. for the UCAS application.. there's a part where it asks for date of entry. Which one do I need to put? 2009 when I first went to the Uk or 2017 when I will go back to start uni?

Date of Entry is when you will go back to start uni I think

Yes. They just want to know if you have lived in the UK before your course.
Reply 10
Original post by returnmigrant
Yes. They just want to know if you have lived in the UK before your course.

oh so I put 2017?
Reply 11

ahh thanks~

Quick Reply

Latest