Student1017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I have offers from both Liverpool and Kent for ABB.
Liverpools course is a BA while Kent has a BSC, I think a BSC is regarded as better and I believe it is more interesting for me personally. However Liverpool is a Russell Group while Kent is not, although Kent is ranked higher through domestic rankings so is it better? I don't think we can compare them in regards to international rankings as it's obvious that Liverpool is much older and thus has a better reputation so it ranks higher there.
On Domestic tables employment prospects also seem to be much higher at Kent than at Liverpool.
I would like your opinion on this
PS: I believe that I will have better than predicted results, would I be able to firm one of the uni's and then pull out if results are better than expected to apply for a higher ranked uni or not? Either way both Uni's look pretty good.

TLDR: Unsure of what uni to pick, please give me your opinion.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Student1017)
Liverpools course is a BA while Kent has a BSC, I think a BSC is regarded as better and I believe it is more interesting for me personally. However Liverpool is a Russell Group while Kent is not, although Kent is ranked higher through domestic rankings so is it better? I don't think we can compare them in regards to international rankings as it's obvious that Liverpool is much older and thus has a better reputation so it ranks higher there.
On Domestic tables employment prospects also seem to be much higher at Kent than at Liverpool.
PS: I believe that I will have better than predicted results, would I be able to firm one of the uni's and then pull out if results are better than expected to apply for a higher ranked uni or not? Either way both Uni's look pretty good.

Ignore rankings, they are nearly always wrong and do not accurately reflect the reputation of a university. That said, the Russell Group brand is equally meaningless - there's basically no difference between Kent and Liverpool in terms of 'reputation', they're both good, quality universities.

Look carefully at the module options in each degree, there will be differences, pick whichever degree interests you most.
Owain5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Student1017)

Kent. A lot of people from my area go to Liverpool or Manchester. Kent is just a better uni, yeah Liverpool is russel group, but it's the lowest ranked of all russel groups. I've heard that research is brilliant there, (in liverpool) but teaching is bad and they are very disorginised there. Kent on the other hand is brilliant from what I've heard.

If you think the Bsc is more interesting, go for that. Don't worry so much about rankings, Kent is also brilliant too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?