The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Requesting a few answers

Hello, My university in India seems to have collaborated with Wolverhampton Uni and since I am in my 2nd year of Engineering they are offering me to join Wolverhampton Uni for my final year in Undergraduate degree.
Can you guys tell me whether this University has a good education system and helping towards students?
During their seminar here they mentioned that they have 96℅ job placement ratio, is it true?
Is there something practical that I can learn if I get there?
Is there any part time job opportunities around Telford campus, since I would have to cover my expenses if I move?
Thank you.
I wouldn't recommend University of Wolverhampton
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by prosperity
I wouldn't recommend University of Wolverhampton

Care to explain why? No point telling people that if you can't justify it.
Reply 3
Wolverhampton is a good university with great study facilities and a well delivered network of course delivery and student support. A big emphasis is placed on graduating students being employable in their field. In terms of job opportunities while you study, the local town centre is within walking distance and good transport networks to go further afield are nearby, so I guess opportunities are good. I work in my field while I study.

The main negative spouted by those that would not consider study at Wolverhampton is that it is located in a non prestigious, inner city, outskirts town.

If prestige of location and establishment is what you are seeking, then Wolverhampton may not be for you. If you are simply seeking a sound qualification then Wolverhampton may be right up your street.
Hello,

The recent Destination of Leavers of Higher Education survey 2015 revealed we do indeed have a 96% graduate employability rate We also offer world-leading research, strong business links, and state-of-the-art facilities.

For part time job opportunities we have our Workplace department. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to help with funds while you are studying, or placement opportunities to enhance your employability skills there is always someone at The Workplace willing to help. You can find out more about them here

Telford is a lovely campus and should you wish to find out a little more about what it has to offer and the accommodation there please visit here. If you are interested in finding out how we can support you as an International Student, you will find lots of information on the support available here

Best wishes
Lee
Course Enquiries
Original post by DJ98
Care to explain why? No point telling people that if you can't justify it.

- Rude staff and management
- Student's Union is not doing anything at all to help students. They will just turn the other way and say everything is fine with the University while they blame you as the problem. Talk about 'independent' organisation..
- I was taken off the project because the supervisor did not like as I was very inquiring about the task ahead (I am not kidding).
- No feedback on coursework. Lecturer will complaint that you 'take too much of their time'...
- There are no regulations followed regarding the integrity of students (emails are passed around, staff create false rumour/allegations so that you won't pick up their subject and thus have less students to work with..). Simple privacy is just unknown to them.
- Lectures have nothing to do with exam materials/coursework so you spend your time in class listening to something you will forget as you step out.

Need I go on??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
- Rude staff and management
- Student's Union is not doing anything at all to help students. They will just turn the other way and say everything is fine with the University while they blame you as the problem. Talk about 'independent' organisation..
- I was taken off the project because the supervisor did not like as I was very inquiring about the task ahead (I am not kidding).
- No feedback on coursework. Lecturer will complaint that you 'take too much of their time'...
- There are no regulations followed regarding the integrity of students (emails are passed around, staff create false rumour/allegations so that you won't pick up their subject and thus have less students to work with..). Simple privacy is just unknown to them.
- Lectures have nothing to do with exam materials/coursework so you spend your time in class listening to something you will forget as you step out.

Need I go on??

This sounds as if you feel the whole university staff and student union are in conspiracy against you. You may need independent counselling support to sort some things out.
Original post by CCC75
This sounds as if you feel the whole university staff and student union are in conspiracy against you. You may need independent counselling support to sort some things out.

Nice going there CCC75. If you have nothing to contribute do not insinuate anything. These have been my experiences within the department.

Care to share with us how much you are getting to promote/protect them?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Nice going there CCC75. If you have nothing to contribute do not insinuate anything. These have been my experiences within the department.

Care to share with us how much you are getting to promote/protect them?

Again, you are demonstrating the conspiracy you perceive to be against you. It is telling that you feel I must be in receipt of payment simply because I disagree with you.

I don't promote or protect any organisation. I don't work in marketing.
Original post by Yashfz
Hello, My university in India seems to have collaborated with Wolverhampton Uni and since I am in my 2nd year of Engineering they are offering me to join Wolverhampton Uni for my final year in Undergraduate degree.
Can you guys tell me whether this University has a good education system and helping towards students?
During their seminar here they mentioned that they have 96℅ job placement ratio, is it true?
Is there something practical that I can learn if I get there?
Is there any part time job opportunities around Telford campus, since I would have to cover my expenses if I move?
Thank you.

I currently live, and study an engineering course at the Telford campus. Telford is a beautiful location, the staff are generally helpful to a certain extent (some more than other), the facilities dependent on what you would be studying will vary. The motors sport engineering course has a lot of facilities in comparison to other courses, and they also have the motor sport formula student/ F3 teams which anyone can join. There is a few problems with general modules which some times take a little time to amend, and some students will take that and use it for an excuse on why they have got a disappointing grade (at the end of the day it is independent learning!), hence why they will slate the university engineering department. Practical wise, the 1st year it is mostly not hands other than computer aided design, and one or two workshop days, second and third year I am not sure. There are always jobs popping up but they may clash the university course. Life on the campus for me is boring, but each to their own you have to make your own fun.

Hoped this helped a little.

Oh, and student union doesn't have much to do with this campus, and the contents of the courses are relevant, but certain people ***** as the exam can be amount a small part of that content, fail because they don't actually do work and then ***** on forums.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending