When to start revising for A Level exams?

Watch
Aaron2515
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I want to try and get all As this year. I'm doing 3 A Levels and 2 of them are 2 year courses. Basically last year I got AAC, was disappointed with the C and repeating the exam to try and get that subject to an overall C.

When should I start revising?
Last year I felt I started too late and also how many hours a night should I be revising on a school night and on the weekends.

Thank you!
Michael_Fishy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aaron2515)
Hi, I want to try and get all As this year. I'm doing 3 A Levels and 2 of them are 2 year courses. Basically last year I got AAC, was disappointed with the C and repeating the exam to try and get that subject to an overall C.

When should I start revising?
Last year I felt I started too late and also how many hours a night should I be revising on a school night and on the weekends.

Thank you!
My plan for the next couple months is to go over my notes, fill in any gaps, revise my AS knowledge (i'm doing two reformed subjects) and making revision materials like flash cards, compressed notes and study breakdowns. Come late april/may i'll step it up into high gear and be doing past papers a few nights a week, working from flashcards etc and doing all the typical revision stuff.

My aim is to do 21 hours of revision every week - so about 3 hours a night, but I'm giving myself the freedom to take nights off, and make up for it on other nights or the weekend.
That is a lot by most people's standards, so don't worry if you want to do less - the main thing right now is to start getting into a solid routine regardless of how many hours it consists of. If you get the routine down now it'll be a huge asset when you kick it into full revision mode.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (49)
31.41%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.97%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.28%

Watched Threads