The Student Room Group

Relationships with British Indian females

Hey. I'm hoping to get some clarity on relationship situations. I've got a major thing for British Indian females. I'm a British white male and in the past I've been in a long term relationship with a British Indian female (from the Punjabi culture). Although her family were very accepting, we didn't work out because of our own issues (i moved away for 2 years and the distance defeated us). Since her I've dated a couple of girls of my own race and although they've been lovely people I just don't have that click with them. Although I'm very much over my ex, I haven't experienced the crazy chemistry, understanding, homely-mess and general great sort of relationship we had. I'm fearing the use of tinder and any online dating stuff. Are there many British Indian females open to dating white guys? I've only ever really come across my ex and one other girl wjo I briefly dated. what are British indian females values, wants, Needs etc when it comes to dating white guys or guys not of their race?? Now I understand that some Indian females have family and culture constraints and find it hard to be in relationships with men outside their race but I'd love an insight from those who are open minded and families wouldn't mind. Although it's not massively important, but I've not experienced the amazing sex in other relationships/dating that I have done with British Indian girls haha.

Sorry for the long post by the way. i just needed to air this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"Are there many British Indian females open to dating white guys?"

Obviously.
Original post by UWS
"Are there many British Indian females open to dating white guys?"

Obviously.

I just find it hard to read them sometimes because I've had the whole indian girl interested in me but stand off-ish, secrecy and then it comes out about the family/cultural stuff.
Reply 3
outside of Indian guys, they are most likely to go for white guys.

everybody loves white guys.
We'll I'd love to hear from a British Indian girl who is open minded what it actually is they would want, look for, what their values are.
Reply 5
I'm British Indian (punjabi) :h:

Spoiler

R u a trololo?
Original post by Eternalflames
R u a trololo?

I don't think he is.

Trolls won't put the effort in writing such a long post.
I'm a male Pakistani and us Indians and Pakistanis do tend to experience pretty much the same culture. I've had qute a few Indian girls interested in me and have dated a few. Some of the ones I've met have been crazy (in a good way) and don't tend to take anything personally, which is good. However, not all Indian families would approve of their daughter marrying a white guy. It's the same for most cultures. I know a white girl whose dad disowned her just because she married a black guy. I'd say just go for a girl online who suits your needs.
Original post by trilion9911
I don't think he is.

Trolls won't put the effort in writing such a long post.

Some have done before so I really don't know
Reply 10
Original post by LDN Bare-Man
Lau ****ing paki *****es man. We gotta sort our own lot out first and ****ing get a grip on these coffee coloured kids.

what?
I don't understand what you're saying but it sounds pretty racist
Yes, but I'd advise against selective 'fetishes'. I'm a white guy, I often find Indian women attractive, but if there's no connection- That said I have met a couple I clicked with perfectly.
Just see the person and date whoever.
What about pakistani girls?
Im a British Indian girl and personally I would prefer to date a western born indian boy (im dating an australian indian boy). My family feels the same way but they wouldn't staunchly oppose a marriage to a guy of another race as long as he possessed good values (& isnt muslim lol). So we Indians tend to be family orientated, have great respect for our elders, strive to be successful and work respectable jobs and be relatively cultured. We are not a closed off group and Indians are quite open minded. My male cousin has a white girlfriend and although my grandma doesnt like it and his parents would prefer he date an indian girl, they are supportive of him and even invited his girlfriend and her family over for Christmas.

The reason why i personally prefer to date an Indian guy is because he understands my culture, we can pass it on to our children, im quite a political person too so our allegiences would be more likely to tie in together, i have a dual identity of british/western born and indian and hed share that, he wouldn't force me for sex before marriage, hed understand that his family has to approach mine to marry me and we have a shared religion, hinduism, of which i wish to learn more about.

If youre looking to date an indian girl and be accepted by her family, in particular, you need to have an understanding of our mildly- moderately conservative culture. Which you will learn from her in time. But theres not much to it really. Just respect her parents and assure her family that the kids will have a sense of their indian culture and x religion as well as yours. Indian parents are most worried about that if anything.
I think my answer came off a little too rigid. When i say prefer, yeh it is a preference to keep marriages within the race/religion etc but you can easily find an Indian girl with an accepting family. British indians are known for assimilating relatively well and integrating socially with other cultures. Yes the older generations are still stuck in their ways but there is no fervent and aggressive opposition to love marriages with other races amongst most of our community. Also, a British Indian girl will have infinitely more in common with you than an Indian guy from India, in my opinion.
I am a brown girl and my parents are very liberal so they wouldn't mind me dating outside my race. My suggestion would be to go for brown girls with educated, liberal parents. Or it could get messy as some brown parents tend to cut off ties with their daughter if she dates outside her race. That could strain the relationship.
I'm British Indian and I actually have a preference towards white guys.
Reply 17
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm British Indian and I actually have a preference towards white guys.

Your family would disapprove.
Original post by h8j8
Your family would disapprove.

Not really considering I'm Indian with other ethnicities thrown in :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Not really considering I'm Indian with other ethnicities thrown in :smile:

Which ethnicities?

Latest