The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or Nursing?

Hello, I'm really stuck for what to choose.

I really enjoy learning about medications and the interactions with the body, but I also enjoy working with patients.
I used to be a HCA, and im not too keen on personal care (I know that makes me sound like a horrible person but I just find it a bit awkward as I'm a bit of a shy person) but I really enjoy the medical side of care and being able to watch the progress people make to get better.
However, I do prefer to be away from "sticky" (literally) situations but don't mind blood.
I'm torn between being a nurse and eventually a nurse prescriber or becoming a hospital or community pharmacist.
Any advice?
Original post by Lillil990
Hello, I'm really stuck for what to choose.

I really enjoy learning about medications and the interactions with the body, but I also enjoy working with patients.
I used to be a HCA, and im not too keen on personal care (I know that makes me sound like a horrible person but I just find it a bit awkward as I'm a bit of a shy person) but I really enjoy the medical side of care and being able to watch the progress people make to get better.
However, I do prefer to be away from "sticky" (literally) situations but don't mind blood.
I'm torn between being a nurse and eventually a nurse prescriber or becoming a hospital or community pharmacist.
Any advice?

What about a pharmacist prescriber? It's effectively the same job as a nurse-prescriber (same non-medical prescribing course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending