London School of Economics (LSE) Phd Application Thread Watch

gd439
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

This thread is for those who applied for Phd and waiting for or received the outcome. I want to get an idea of my chances of getting full funding. Please share the course you applied for Phd, application status, and the outcome (i.e. waiting, rejected, accepted with or without funding)

Hope by sharing, this thread helps us to manage our expectation while allowing us to vent our sorrows and worries.

Cheers
midnightL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

My girlfriend has applied to a PhD in Anthropology. I know she was told that she would hear back at the end of last week. I know that at least someone has heard back that they were accepted into a PhD in Anthropology at the LSE on that day (I heard he was super bright).

Wondering if this means its an auto rejection for my girlfriend? Does anyone know if they make offers in stages? Just a little worried. I have absolutely no idea, so if you're reading this dont worry. I just want to know what the process is and thought this information might help.

Kind regards,

mL
llupinacci
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hold an unconditional offer for the MPhil/PhD in Media and Communications.
Still waiting on funding decisions though. When I emailed the financial support office I was told the successful applicants for the LSE Studentships should hear about decisions in early March...

Not sure if the process is the same for every department, but I applied on 12 December (after submitting the "Expression of Interest" form and contacting a potential supervisor) and got my offer on 19 January.
midnightL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by llupinacci)
I hold an unconditional offer for the MPhil/PhD in Media and Communications.
Still waiting on funding decisions though. When I emailed the financial support office I was told the successful applicants for the LSE Studentships should hear about decisions in early March...

Not sure if the process is the same for every department, but I applied on 12 December (after submitting the "Expression of Interest" form and contacting a potential supervisor) and got my offer on 19 January.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I guess its all just speculation until we get that gut wrenching email.
midnightL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks like that gut wrenching feeling was too strong!

I called LSE (the anthropology department). They said applications are still being considered.

My girlfriend was told she would hear back at the end last week. I think they are just taking a little longer to get back to her.

mL
Tunde20
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi everyone,

I applied for Ph.D in Sociology to LSE. I got an email two days from the coordinator of the programme that my application is currently being reviewed by a potential supervisor. Does anyone have an idea of my chances of getting an offer?
Shaun1989
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi

Have any Law PHD applicants had a response?Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.97%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.77%
No, but I want to start (319)
36.84%