Feeling dreadful regarding my IGCSE Mocks result

Watch this thread
kimjihoon5924
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I am a South Korean student currently studying IGCSE's abroad in Malaysia. I have recently received my Mock examination result, which I set for in January, and the results pretty much shocked me. I do admit I did not work hard enough for mocks, I simply did not try my best. I am currently doing Econs, History, Eng Lit, First Lang Eng, Mandarin Chinese, Mathematics, Physics and Korean First Language. I had to drop Chemistry and Biology (From Triple Science) and Additional Mathematics last year due to my school absence because of medical issues.

My results are
1) First Language English - A*
2) English Literature - B
3) Economics - C
4) History - A
5) Mandarin - C
6) Mathematics - C (Missed Paper 2)
7) Physics - U

I am a person who is really interested in Politics, History and Economics and I hope to study in London School of Economics and Political Science in the future after my A-Levels but I am extremely worried that my mocks result will affect my admission into universities. Im also worried whether colleges here in Malaysia would actually let me study A levels. Are my mock results bad? and if so, would the results affect my future studies?

Thank you
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Mock results DO NOT MATTER.

Just do well in your real exams and you will be fine. Your university will not even ask what your GCSE mock grades were.

Most colleges just ask for 5 A*-C grades at GCSE, so get that and you are in.
username2940194
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Mock results mean nothing! Don't worry about it and use this as motivation to work hard
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kimjihoon5924)
Hello, I am a South Korean student currently studying IGCSE's abroad in Malaysia. I have recently received my Mock examination result, which I set for in January, and the results pretty much shocked me. I do admit I did not work hard enough for mocks, I simply did not try my best. I am currently doing Econs, History, Eng Lit, First Lang Eng, Mandarin Chinese, Mathematics, Physics and Korean First Language. I had to drop Chemistry and Biology (From Triple Science) and Additional Mathematics last year due to my school absence because of medical issues.

My results are
1) First Language English - A*
2) English Literature - B
3) Economics - C
4) History - A
5) Mandarin - C
6) Mathematics - C (Missed Paper 2)
7) Physics - U

I am a person who is really interested in Politics, History and Economics and I hope to study in London School of Economics and Political Science in the future after my A-Levels but I am extremely worried that my mocks result will affect my admission into universities. Im also worried whether colleges here in Malaysia would actually let me study A levels. Are my mock results bad? and if so, would the results affect my future studies?

Thank you
I worked harder for my mocks than my actual exams. I didn't get a single A*, and got 7 A*s in the real exams.

Mocks are simply an indicator of how well you're doing at present. Just work hard and you should improve between now and the real exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (41)
25.95%
As I expected (52)
32.91%
Harder (58)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.43%

Watched Threads