Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scared!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a repeat student for medicine, i was made an offer last year and missed my grades. This year im holding two offers for medicine from queen marys and St Andrews... I haven't received any clearing leaflets yet, but i did get this BMA letter... Has everyone else got this??? Why are they tempting us with these leaflets... its scaring me even more... im thinking about how much i wanna get into medicine, and wat if i miss it again??

So anyway, the main question is, has everyone got these BMA registration forms to be handed in during freshers events or something?

ReputationRep:
    I think someone hit 'post new topic' rather than 'reply'

ReputationRep:
    Bit new at this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoe)
    I'm a repeat student for medicine, i was made an offer last year and missed my grades. This year im holding two offers for medicine from queen marys and St Andrews... I haven't received any clearing leaflets yet, but i did get this BMA letter... Has everyone else got this??? Why are they tempting us with these leaflets... its scaring me even more... im thinking about how much i wanna get into medicine, and wat if i miss it again??

So anyway, the main question is, has everyone got these BMA registration forms to be handed in during freshers events or something?

I'm in the same position. Had 2 offers last year, didn't get the grades. Have 2 offers this year, not going to get the grades again because i was in hospital. Got the BMA letter and the clearing leaflets. I know for a fact i'm not going to get the grades, so i guess i'm just resigning myself to the fact.

There's no rush to join the BMA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoe)

Do you mind me asking what grades you got last year and what you have now/are aiming for? How was your application received by St Ands and QMs? Did they give you a higher offer? What is your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoe)
    Yes, i received that letter too, via UCAS, and as far as i can tell, they've arbitrarily sent them to everybody who has applied to read medicine at university. I also got a tonne of stuff about entering Clearing and what to do if i should fail to meet my offer, which did worry me a bit, but it seems like everybody else has received them too!

ReputationRep:
    I actually had a lot of positive responses during my repeat year, i had three interviews, queen marys, st andrews, and brighton... Failed my brighton interview... but the other two gave me an AAB (Queen marys) offer and a AAA(st andrews) offer.

My first time results were BCCC not the best, but my AS results the yeat before were AAABD so uni's weren't too nasty when i reapplied. Only thing is i keep reliving my P6 exam... i seriously stuffed up my pure maths, i didnt even answer 75% of my P6 exam!! So even getting 100% for the part of the paper i did attempt, would still give me a grand totaly of 25%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoe)

Yea I got one. I've also got an offer for medicine at Queen Mary's (ABB). I got the same feeling as you. They seem to be raising our hopes with such letters and then we might not make the grades.

Oh yea, I also received this massive booklet regarding clearing. :s

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.