Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    u arent another reincarantion of hitler are u ? ... as Nik said .. jus a 20 sumthing burnt out joke

Please attack the ideas rather than the person. It makes for a better argument.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    baaaaaaa this person speaks differently from us baaaaaaaaaa he's dangerrrrousss baaaaaaaa he must be evilllll baaaaaaa
    i guess thts wats hitler said when he sent innocent jewish families to concentration camps ... and face it Nietzsche was a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Please attack the ideas rather than the person. It makes for a better argument.

MB
    id rather attack the person who refers to others as little ppl ...

ReputationRep:
    id rather attack the person who refers to others as little ppl ...

Look, your argument is falacious - I was making a logical point now attck the idea of refering to others as little people if you want to.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Biggles... seems you are the sheep... congratulations you are mediocre, you can post a load of *******s on a forum... big achievement burn out...

What the hell are you on about musicboy... when you are not talking **** you preach on like a broken record... with a troll like biggles you cannot attack his "ideals" or stimulate discussion his sole purpose is to TRY andinfuriate no matter how many times he fails... the best tactic is to attack his person rather than his predictable views and comments...

ReputationRep:
    Look, your argument is falacious - I was making a logical point now attck the idea of refering to others as little people if you want to.

MB
    fine ... it is a biggoted comment refering to others as little ppl and nobodys ... tht "attacking the idea" good enuf for u ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    I see, Adhsur, that you deleted my post highlighting my views on Islam.

I would expect such censure from a politican, not someone who's about to study philosophy for three years.

So, someone can express the very highest praises for Islam, but nobody is allowed to express very low opinions of it?

But, I suppose, what else should I expect from little people?
    That's the thing you see.

You are allowed to say what you like but don't say it to such an extent that it will insult muslim members of UKL - many of them are viewing this thread and I doubt they would appreciate being called inferior, little, "nobody"s...you didn't even justify that so you were not having a debate but simply trying to annoy.

I agree with you in that I don't particularly think Islam is a good religion but to call it stupid publically is uncalled for. Please respect other people's beliefs.

Yes I am going to be studying philosophy but as much as it will help me see the weaker points of religion, it does not mean that my language is made vulgar so that I can express them openly to people who I might offend.

ReputationRep:
    fine ... it is a biggoted comment refering to others as little ppl and nobodys ... tht "attacking the idea" good enuf for u ?

well you're getting the idea but now you have to say why it's biggoted and in that case why it is wrong to be biggotted.

MB

ReputationRep:
    well you're getting the idea but now you have to say why it's biggoted and in that case why it is wrong to be biggotted.

MB
    if u dont get the idea urslef tht y ppl shouldnt refer to others as "inferior to them"... i dont need to explain myself ... id rather go and feel sorry for u ...

ReputationRep:
    Don't even get started on the racist card. One's religion hasn't got anything to do with your skin colour. If a white man or a chinese woman are muslim I'd be just as sympathetic towards them. Some muslims here have been playing this game for very long. I love the fact we have people of different colours, and if you are from Pakistan it's as great as if you are from Brussels or Beijing. But accusing people of bigotry and racism when they criticise one's strange beliefs is outrageous and hypocritical.

What's for religious tolerance, didn't the Prophet himself slaughter thousands of pagans and tell you to follow the lead?

ReputationRep:
    if u dont get the idea urslef tht y ppl shouldnt refer to others as "inferior to them"... i dont need to explain myself ... id rather go and feel sorry for u ...

Look, I understand what you are saying, it's just that your argument hasd too many holes so I am trying to get you to express it better.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    Don't even get started on the racist card. One's religion hasn't got anything to do with your skin colour. If a white man or a chinese woman are muslim I'd be just as sympathetic towards them. Some muslims here have been playing this game for very long. I love the fact we have people of different colours, and if you are from Pakistan it's as great as if you are from Brussels or Beijing. But accusing people of bigotry and racism when they criticise one's strange beliefs is outrageous and hypocritical.

What's for religious tolerance, didn't the Prophet himself slaughter thousands of pagans and tell you to follow the lead?
    Well just because it isn't called racist, doesn't mean it is right.

But as for religious intolerance, I'm all for expressing points of view about how you don't agree with the religion and why. But there is no need to be vulgar about it and call it "stupid" or the people who follow it "inferior". That won't get you anywhere in your argument. It will only cause trouble, on here anyway.

ReputationRep:

well said.

MB

ReputationRep:
    But accusing people of bigotry and racism when they criticise one's strange beliefs is outrageous and hypocritical.
    calling a person as a " little person" ... no matter wat religion is downrite rude ... and if u dont agree ... go get some decency .... learn to respect others

id really like to know when ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well just because it isn't called racist, doesn't mean it is right.

Oh come on. That's not what was said. Being anti-islamic is not racist. Do we agree? If it is not racist then it cannot be reproached for being racist - simple logical point.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on. That's not what was said. Being anti-islamic is not racist. Do we agree? If it is not racist then it cannot be reproached for being racist - simple logical point.

MB
    Yes I accept that but the poster was implying that because it is not racist one cannot criticise it.

ReputationRep:
    This is pathetic. I can't believe the level of xenophobia and arrogance displayed by one or two notorious users here. I've not been here long enough to speak with authority, but can't anything be done?

ReputationRep:

MB
    doesnt make it rite does it .... see wats happening in israel and plaestine ... u dont see me being anti-semitic do u ? ...

and i only called him a biggot coz of the way he was refering to ppl ...

ReputationRep:
    doesnt make it rite does it .... see wats happening in israel and plaestine ... u dont see me being anti-semitic do u ? ...

No, what is going on in israel and Palestine is not antisemitic. I agree that the point was biggotted. I just disagreed with how you argued against it.

MB

ReputationRep:

Ok, maybe i'm wrong but I read it as a reply to an earlier suggestion of racism in the thread and it was a defence against that.

MB

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.