Turn on thread page Beta

islam bashing on ukl ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    puppets...
    wonder how many of em are ... jason , biggles ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    yo jason ... get ur sources rite b4 attempting to debate a topic .... read it b4 u go on to say how ppl died when the prophet retook meccayo jason ... get ur sources rite b4 attempting to debate a topic .... read it b4 u go on to say how ppl died when the prophet retook mecca

Quote:

Early next day, the Muslims entered Mecca from all sides. They had been ordered to cause no harm unless anyone tried to stop them entering. When the Prophet (pbuh) arrived, he got off his camel, bowed down on the ground and thanked Allah for this victory. When the unbelievers saw this, they knew that the Prophet (pbuh) had come in peace. People began leaving their homes and running towards the Ka’bah. When they arrived there, they found the Prophet (pbuh) performing the ritual encircling of the Ka'bah, the tawaf on his camel, surrounded by the Muslims. When he had finished, he said, 'There no divinity except Allah and He has no partner. Men and women of Quraysh be not proud for all are equal; we are all the sons of Adam, and Adam was made of dust.' Then he recited this verse to them:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

O mankind! Lo! We have created you male andfemale, and have made you nations and tribes soyou may know each another. Surely the noblest of you,in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct.

Lo! Allah is All-knowing, All-aware.

(Koran xlix.13)

After this he said to them: 'O Quraysh, what do you think I am going to do to you?' The people thought carefully before answering because they knew that according to the laws of war they could all be taken prisoner. They also knew, however, that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was generous, so they replied, ‘You will treat us as a kind nephew and a generous brother would.' To this he replied with the words used by the Prophet Joseph when his brothers came to Egypt: 'God forgives you and He is the Most Merciful of the merciful.'

I don't quite understand, how does that pompous speech advocate the destruction of other people's religious idols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    But by some peoples views including your own you imply that following Islam means you support and follow what the prophet did thousands of years ago, killing etc... so why should i not be allowed to say that you follow and support the invasion and bombing of people?...
    So you go up through the thread and find where I said following Islam means you support and follow killing. If you can't find where I said this (I'd be most shocked if you could!) I think I deserve an apology for your lying about what I said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    I don't quite understand, how does that pompous speech advocate the destruction of other people's religious idols?
    if u had even a bit of sense about y the word "retook" ... comes in ... read up un ur history ... it was idolaters .. more specifically a tribe called the quraysh who banished the prophet from mecca and transformed the kabah .. a place of worship made by abraham for God into a place where they worshiped stone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    So you go up through the thread and find where I said following Islam means you support and follow killing. If you can't find where I said this (I'd be most shocked if you could!) I think I deserve an apology for your lying about what I said.
    I will not apologize and i don't think i should have to, i haven't said anything as ludacris and insulting as some people on this forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    I will not apologize and i don't think i should have to, i haven't said anything as ludacris and insulting as some people on this forum...
    And yet you lied about what I said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    No, we thought as much. Is Ludacris something from Dante, or is it just bad grammar?

ReputationRep:
    read my earlier post ...

perhaps u could learn sumthing from tht speech ... perhaps to be more tolerant to anohte religion ... but i wouldnt put it past u to be scared of accepting a new idea ... im off for the nite ..

gnite all .. peace

ReputationRep:
    No, we thought as much. Is Ludacris something from Dante, or is it just bad grammar?
    Wow queen of spelling is here, i see no typo gets by you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Umm try being an american on here. Or a Jew. Or in my case, both.
    oh dear...and down roles the crocodiles tear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    oh dear...and down roles the crocodiles tear
    Oh we have forgotten of course, that according to leading Muslim scholars the Holocaust was a divine punishment to Jews.

ReputationRep:
    Oh we have forgotten of course, that according to leading Muslim scholars the Holocaust was a divine punishment to Jews.
    The Holocaust was a product of a nutty man and regime having too much power, and of course intense hatred and bigtory...i hope there is no repeat of le holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    The Holocaust was a product of a nutty man and regime having too much power, and of course intense hatred and bigtory...i hope there is no repeat of le holocaust.
    Well at least you said that. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Just a random comment, but sort of relevant. I'm on holiday in Canada and went to a mall today. An oldish woman (maybe 50s or something) walked past me and said "Take off that thing. You look crazy", and pointed to my headscarf. I totally ignored her, but it bugged me that people could say stuff like that for no reason whatsoever. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Just a random comment, but sort of relevant. I'm on holiday in Canada and went to a mall today. An oldish woman (maybe 50s or something) walked past me and said "Take off that thing. You look crazy", and pointed to my headscarf. I totally ignored her, but it bugged me that people could say stuff like that for no reason whatsoever. :mad:

where in canada?? alberta???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    where in canada?? alberta???
    Nope, Toronto.

ReputationRep:
    eaton centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    eaton centre?
    Nah. I'm staying at richmond hill. The mall was Fairview mall.

ReputationRep:
    haha i live near leslie and york mills which is like 5 minutes from there.... thats soo wird cuz i went to high school down the street and like 90% of the ppl near fairview are muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    haha i live near leslie and york mills which is like 5 minutes from there.... thats soo wird cuz i went to high school down the street and like 90% of the ppl near fairview are muslims.
    Fairview Mall had a lot of muslims there too, which is why I was sort of surprised.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.