Wow, you were tellin the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Wow, you were tellin the truth
    i actually thought u believed me, guess i needed proof after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    i actually thought u believed me, guess i needed proof after all
    I did, i did. I just thought i better point out the truth to those who doubted you. Just in case they hadnt noticed

ReputationRep:
    Damn, yet another one of yellowtaxis amusing threads deleted . I really shouldnt reply to him because im working hard on my post count but it always suffers because his threads are unfairly deleted

ReputationRep:
    Damn, yet another one of yellowtaxis amusing threads deleted . I really shouldnt reply to him because im working hard on my post count but it always suffers because his threads are unfairly deleted
    just post the occasional comment in there then. keep the bulk of ur posts to the academic forums/general threads which u know are going to survive?

ReputationRep:
    Another one worried about their post count. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Another one worried about their post count. Why?
    I dunno. It just seems you get more respect around here if you have a higher post count. Plus ppl know you better and you can establish yourself well. And also it looks good. And your rep has more power doesnt it?

ReputationRep:
    It just seems you get more respect around here if you have a higher post count.
    Not necessarily. It really depends what you post though.

Plus ppl know you better and you can establish yourself well.
    True but people can know you well by even small numbers of post because of what you posted and/or which thread it is. I know quite a few users pretty well who participate in certain sections on here but people like yourself won't.

And also it looks good.
    Why?

And your rep has more power doesnt it?
    Yes but days registered is more powerful according to the new equation. UNless you want to post about 50 times each day or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. It really depends what you post though.

True but people can know you well by even small numbers of post because of what you posted and/or which thread it is. I know quite a few users pretty well who participate in certain sections on here but people like yourself won't.

Why?

Yes but days registered is more powerful according to the new equation. UNless you want to post about 50 times each day or something like that.
    Hehe, well im trying not to post total crap. and I think it looks quite snazzy to have a high ass post count - you look kinda dedicated. And thats quite good bout the rep then. Coz ive been registered since november even tho i have a low post count

ReputationRep:
    So, to boost my rep, I'm going to sit around.

That actually sounds far more sensible!

Edit: The question is, who can sit around fastest???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    So, to boost my rep, I'm going to sit around.

That actually sounds far more sensible!

Edit: The question is, who can sit around fastest???
    Yeh do. Ive been doing it for ten months . I'll be the fastest sitter arounder

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, well im trying not to post total crap. and I think it looks quite snazzy to have a high ass post count - you look kinda dedicated. And thats quite good bout the rep then. Coz ive been registered since november even tho i have a low post count
    A too high post count and people will think you don't have a life, which has been mentioned before regarding to Pig*. We should all have other commitments too and should have a correct balance between them all.

What about duration spent logged in on UKL since registration in terms of hours? This will avoid someone who has a high post count who posts one sentence posts or even one word/smiley every time being 'over' someone who writes long, detailed posts. I guess this is where the rep system can come into play.

Perhaps threads started can be rated using the star system can be used as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh do. Ive been doing it for ten months . I'll be the fastest sitter arounder
    Don't confuse time with speed :rolleyes:
    *creates master plan*

ReputationRep:
    A too high post count and people will think you don't have a life, which has been mentioned before regarding to Pig*. We should all have other commitments too and should have a correct balance between them all.

What about duration spent logged in on UKL since registration in terms of hours? This will avoid someone who has a high post count who posts one sentence posts or even one word/smiley every time being 'over' someone who writes long, detailed posts. I guess this is where the rep system can come into play.

Perhaps threads started can be rated using the star system can be used as well.
    Yeh thats a very good point. And what a super idea, you genious you

ReputationRep:
    Don't confuse time with speed :rolleyes:
    *creates master plan*
    Lol, thats the only way to do it - mingle time and speed. Unless of corse you can speed up time, in which case I take my hat off to you

ReputationRep:
    Lol, thats the only way to do it - mingle time and speed. Unless of corse you can speed up time, in which case I take my hat off to you
    Sssshhh...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh thats a very good point. And what a super idea, you genious you
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    Sssshhh...
    Oh sorry, didnt realise it was a closely guarded secret. *takes hat off to lifewired* looks like your champ of fastest sitting arounder

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you
    Its no problem I will forever more know you as 'genious' aswell as 'nice young man that explains sayings to me'

ReputationRep:
    I still think that you're yellowtaxi.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.