Muslim girls: What do you look for in a muslim guy? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

So I'm a Muslim guy. I want to get married and I've been on a Muslim dating site and been on a few dates. I'm a respectful guy, and I always try and make my dates good ones lol. Like nice places to eat, walks around nature reserves etc lol. Maybe its confirmation bias but I feel my dates go well, lots of talking, no awkward silences.

Here's the thing, our religion mandates modesty. I get that. But how far can a guy go? I've been rebuffed a few times for a lack of Chemistry, but how am I supposed to have Chemistry if we can't really hug or kiss lol.

I'm not expecting that btw, but I don't know what you Muslim girls look for - please enlighten me!
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Isn't dating "haram" in Islam, yet there is a Muslim dating site? :beard:
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
It depends on what you consider dating
nomophobia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Lol yes, dating is haram.but it doesn't mean people don't do it and lots of people don't really want arranged marriages either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by UWS)
haha, well we are no longer in bedouin tribes and get married between each other. You have to meet someone, somehow, somewhere.
nomophobia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
And to answer OP's question - did you even feel like there was chemistry on the dates you went on? As long as you're a decent guy, you just gotta give it time and eventually the right girl will come and you'll know straightaway because you'll hit it off etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nomophobia)
Lol yes, dating is haram.but it doesn't mean people don't do it and lots of people don't really want arranged marriages either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you can't ask a Muslim girl out and not violate your religious convictions???
AnALevelStudent
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
I don't think "dating" is the right word, what tends to happen is if a muslim guy and girl show interest in one another they will tell their parents. The "dates" they go on should be with someone else or in a public place until they decide to get engaged.
zaraiqbal18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe try finding dates through instagram or facebook than these dating websites. I would say a good sense of humour does increase your chances of getting a girl to like you. Also, honesty is key. You don't want to be lying and for her to find out later that you had been lying. Good Luck!
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by akbar0123)
It depends on what you consider dating
(Original post by nomophobia)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by AnALevelStudent)
I don't think "dating" is the right word, what tends to happen is if a muslim guy and girl show interest in one another they will tell their parents. The "dates" they go on should be with someone else or in a public place until they decide to get engaged.
Lol it's OPs words, not mine. I was just curious anyway....

I don't wanna derail his thread though so I'll leave it at that
popcornjpg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why date only Muslim girls?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnALevelStudent)
To non-Muslims wondering about Muslim dating sites. ^This.
username4752144
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by UWS)
Minimal contact, halal conversion and marriage should happen fairl quickly
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
Connecting beard 😍
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
you should perhaps take notes from Nislam16
He's an expert in this field
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

So I'm a Muslim guy. I want to get married and I've been on a Muslim dating site and been on a few dates. I'm a respectful guy, and I always try and make my dates good ones lol. Like nice places to eat, walks around nature reserves etc lol. Maybe its confirmation bias but I feel my dates go well, lots of talking, no awkward silences.

Here's the thing, our religion mandates modesty. I get that. But how far can a guy go? I've been rebuffed a few times for a lack of Chemistry, but how am I supposed to have Chemistry if we can't really hug or kiss lol.

I'm not expecting that btw, but I don't know what you Muslim girls look for - please enlighten me!
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Sweet/ cute personality
Has a good relationship with mum and sisters
Practices islam/ good relationship with god and knows his Islamic bounderies
Works hard/ motivated to bring home money
Interested in something long term
A family guy
Likeable person

And in terms of chemistry- Ii just don't think these women are feeling anything
Maybe open up a little, be more emotional, have good humour (don't try too hard to be funny tho), chemistry does not have to be sexual
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
By the happiness of lonesome and relief. May our dude RIP.
unexpecteduk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's been 2 years do you think OP got married ?
PussyMaestros
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by unexpecteduk)
Bish, who cares!
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
lol I didn't ever read that 2 yrs bit
(Original post by unexpecteduk)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (83)
58.45%
Yes- I don't like it (8)
5.63%
No- I want it (44)
30.99%
No- I don't want it (7)
4.93%

Watched Threads