The Student Room Group

Stressed about A levels :(

Hi all I have my first AS maths exam in 3 months time and a chemistry exam that will be assessed on and I was wondering if I've left it too late to revise:frown: I'm not a bad student, I feel all the stress got to me, other issues and I've procrastinated a lot.:frown:
I'm aiming for all As round. Do you think I can do it and does anyone have any advice? Thanks:frown:
Reply 1
bump:frown:
Reply 2
There's still time. Just revise really hard. 3 months is a long time
hey anon!!
you'll be fine i promise - it's never too late to start revising and starting now leaves you plenty of time! I got all As at AS last year and I only started revising around now so I reckon you'll be fine :biggrin:

key thing is to work out how you revise best, and try to nip procrastination in the bud! every time you think about doing something else when you should be revising, i find it helps to think about how stressed i am when i realise i've not studied for something I should have done etc, or think about how elated you'll be on results day if you get those As :smile:

best of luck!!
Reply 4
Nothing is impossible if you try hard enough. Honestly, I hope you do get those grades because I only recently started my A level revision too and am aiming high. Try making a revision timetable? But most importantly, leave time to do exam practice.
Here's a usual video which might help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na8m4GPqA30
I'm in the exact same situation as you, hopefully we get those A's. I'm just gonna work as I hard as I can from now
You have plenty of time.
This is my plan;
February - Revise 4 hours a day
March - Revise 6 hours a day
April - Revise 8 hours a day
Obviously, mostly for weekends. Haven't figured out for School days yet.
That's plenty of time if you're motivated, which seemingly you are otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.
Just remember, this is your future you are working for.

Being stressed is probably distracting you and keeping you unfocused. So instead of thinking about what you need and getting all pent up about it, think about what you're going to do.

(I got a U in November Mocks for a subject, I recently got a C for the same subject :biggrin:, now I want to improve even more)

''My Philosophy is that worrying means you will suffer twice''
- Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts and where to find them)

Here's a few more if quotes help;
''Dreams don't work,unless you do.''
''You never fail until you stop trying''
''You get what you work for''
''It always seems impossible, until its done''
You can do anything if you put the work in.
That doesn't mean spend all day staring at a text book and hope you remember everything for the exam though.

What grade did you get in your previous mocks?

The worst thing you can do is let stress consume you. Whatever issues you have, however out of your control they are you have to try to keep them separate from your study time.

You still have so many days left until your exams. How much time do you spend in a day doing things admittedly not that productive? Swap that time for revising. Even if it's just for half an hour, on a weekend, it's still better than nothing though.

But don't forget, moderation is key. People go overkill staring at textbooks for 5 hours straight one day and then forget everything the next. Short bursts with breaks in between to relax and do whatever > Long draining marathons

Finally, when it does come to it; it's not the end of the world what you get. Just get those results with the knowledge of what you need to improve on in year 2, revise from the get go of that year and your grade will be bumped up.
I know for one of my A levels at least at my school the As grade doesn't even count to the final A level grade, so do make sure if that's the case for you.
Reply 8
Original post by Ruthie2267
hey anon!!
you'll be fine i promise - it's never too late to start revising and starting now leaves you plenty of time! I got all As at AS last year and I only started revising around now so I reckon you'll be fine :biggrin:

key thing is to work out how you revise best, and try to nip procrastination in the bud! every time you think about doing something else when you should be revising, i find it helps to think about how stressed i am when i realise i've not studied for something I should have done etc, or think about how elated you'll be on results day if you get those As :smile:

best of luck!!

Thank you so so much:h::smile: did timetables work for you and what subjects did you do?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
You have plenty of time.
This is my plan;
February - Revise 4 hours a day
March - Revise 6 hours a day
April - Revise 8 hours a day
Obviously, mostly for weekends. Haven't figured out for School days yet.
That's plenty of time if you're motivated, which seemingly you are otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.
Just remember, this is your future you are working for.

Being stressed is probably distracting you and keeping you unfocused. So instead of thinking about what you need and getting all pent up about it, think about what you're going to do.

(I got a U in November Mocks for a subject, I recently got a C for the same subject :biggrin:, now I want to improve even more)

''My Philosophy is that worrying means you will suffer twice''
- Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts and where to find them)

Here's a few more if quotes help;
''Dreams don't work,unless you do.''
''You never fail until you stop trying''
''You get what you work for''
''It always seems impossible, until its done''

Thank you so so much for this, I feel reassured that I can do it:smile::biggrin: Best of luck to you
Original post by AnALevelStudent
I'm in the exact same situation as you, hopefully we get those A's. I'm just gonna work as I hard as I can from now

Hopefully, let's do this
Original post by Wulfalwyn
You can do anything if you put the work in.
That doesn't mean spend all day staring at a text book and hope you remember everything for the exam though.

What grade did you get in your previous mocks?

The worst thing you can do is let stress consume you. Whatever issues you have, however out of your control they are you have to try to keep them separate from your study time.

You still have so many days left until your exams. How much time do you spend in a day doing things admittedly not that productive? Swap that time for revising. Even if it's just for half an hour, on a weekend, it's still better than nothing though.

But don't forget, moderation is key. People go overkill staring at textbooks for 5 hours straight one day and then forget everything the next. Short bursts with breaks in between to relax and do whatever > Long draining marathons

Finally, when it does come to it; it's not the end of the world what you get. Just get those results with the knowledge of what you need to improve on in year 2, revise from the get go of that year and your grade will be bumped up.
I know for one of my A levels at least at my school the As grade doesn't even count to the final A level grade, so do make sure if that's the case for you.

For chemistry I got a D and Maths an E, but at that time I wasn't working as much. I try and be as productive as I can, but I sometimes end up procrastinating, which I wanna change.
Original post by Anonymous
For chemistry I got a D and Maths an E, but at that time I wasn't working as much. I try and be as productive as I can, but I sometimes end up procrastinating, which I wanna change.

Those aren't bad for your first AS mocks, you're passing so that's one less hurdle you need to go through before you can get those As! Believe me, like 90% of the people in my maths class got less than an E in the mock and a lot of these people got As and A*s in GCSE Maths...

Good luck with procrastinating less, have you ever tried maybe rewarding yourself after doing revision? Like if there's a snack in the cupboard you really want to eat, only let yourself eat it after doing and marking like 10 chemistry questions for instance.

Sometimes its also a matter of just being strict with yourself and shutting out all temptations. Turning off the wifi if need be, you'll have plenty of time to watch Jeremy Kyle in the summer holiday ;P

If you weren't working that much back then and still managed to pass those mocks then imagine how well you'll do once you do work more! You'll get those As for sure :biggrin: Past papers is everyone's best friend, if you don't give those a try already then those will give a good indicator how much you're improving as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending