Favourite and Best Revision Techniques?

Watch
L34NN3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am doing my mock exams soon and I am trying to find the best ways to revise, thank you!!
Neddie001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L34NN3)
I am doing my mock exams soon and I am trying to find the best ways to revise, thank you!!
Depends what subject you are doing
I find flashcards can work really well also recording me reading my notes and do lots of past paper questions can help as well.
It really just depends on the style of learning that suits you best
_riff_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exam practice is extremely useful (of course with knowing the content)
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Colourful mindmaps.
natashacollett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like to make mind maps. Doing past papers is good too.
noor_fatima_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
index cards (you write on both sides)
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For Sicences I purely make notes and just absorb the information as my brain finds it easy to pick out the main points then do past papers identify my area of weakness then write notes to myself to what I should remember for next time, For English Mindmaps, For Maths I pick up my revision textbook practicing each topic everyday so I dont forget, For RE I just flick through my CGP revision guide and then do the questions it has.

Thats it basically depends on the topic.
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For memorising processes and other things that have an order or a series of little things, use flashcards. They're also good for English. Subjects like RE have lots of links so mind maps are good for those. For literally anything else, I use condensed notes to memorise key things and then test myself with questions or by getting someone to listen to me talk to them about it.
username2872250
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. Read a whole topic from a textbook once just to UNDERSTAND it first.
2. Once you understand it, go over it again and make notes on a separate piece of lined paper.
3. Read your own notes after finishing, to make sure they make sense.
4. Before going to bed, read all your notes, and then sleep. Do it everynight for a week, then gradually decrease it until you get to once a week. You could also makes smaller notes from your own notes if you don't have time to read the entire thing everytime. You will never foget it hopefully!
Do a few past papers too, there's no point underatand the topic if you can't apply it.

I'm gonna do this from now on PROPERLY lol :lol:

This is more for Alevels btw, or for subjects that need alot of memorising.
miss-who
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Making lots of notes. Then condensing them down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as β€˜lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads