Type Of Economics Degree To Study? Watch

Ccox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Currently im in my first year at Coventry University studing a BA in Business Economics however for 2nd year we have to choose which type of Economics degree to do.Even though I picked to do Business Economics I didn't know till they told us on the first day that there wasn't any business content in the degree. The other types of Economics degrees to pick from are Pure Economics, Financial Economics and International Economics And Trade. We haven't really been told what is the difference is between the modules in each degree and we only have till March to decide which one to pursue.
Any help would be grateful, thanks.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ccox)
Currently im in my first year at Coventry University studing a BA in Business Economics however for 2nd year we have to choose which type of Economics degree to do.Even though I picked to do Business Economics I didn't know till they told us on the first day that there wasn't any business content in the degree. The other types of Economics degrees to pick from are Pure Economics, Financial Economics and International Economics And Trade. We haven't really been told what is the difference is between the modules in each degree and we only have till March to decide which one to pursue.
Any help would be grateful, thanks.
The website isn't terribly helpful, but surely your university provides you a list of modules for each course? Without that it's difficult to say precisely what the differences are.

Furthermore, choosing between them is mostly a matter of personal preference. Only you will know whether you find finance boring, international trade interesting etc.
Ccox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
The website isn't terribly helpful, but surely your university provides you a list of modules for each course? Without that it's difficult to say precisely what the differences are.

Furthermore, choosing between them is mostly a matter of personal preference. Only you will know whether you find finance boring, international trade interesting etc.
oh right thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads