The Student Room Group

Rejected for an AAA Course with Predicted A*A*AA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
UCL is better, Durham is great too. I wouldn't lose sleep over it

I don't think UCL is right for me, but thank you for your reassurance.

Original post by Fermion.
People get rejected even if they meet the entry requirements and exceed them. Have you asked for feedback on why they rejected you?

Yeh they didn't give me any specific reason so that's why I'm turning to this forum

Original post by NotKidding
Same thing happened to me with my insurance. My grades were much higher than the required ones and yet...

What were your uni choices?

Original post by fifidi
Is it possible they think you wouldn't firm them as your grades exceed what they are asking for? No rhyme nor reason, it happens sometimes. I know people rejected from courses with grades which exceeded and there never seems to be any good reason. You have excellent offers, please enjoy that. 😀

I'm hoping that this is the case.. thank you very much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also found this thread about Offer Rate for maths which may help explain why you you got rejected: UCAS: Likelihood of Getting an Offer to study Maths with Predicted AAA-A*A*A*
Original post by Takot0
I don't think UCL is right for me, but thank you for your reassurance.

Yeh they didn't give me any specific reason so that's why I'm turning to this forum

What were your uni choices?

I'm hoping that this is the case.. thank you very much.

Why did you apply if it didn't fit you?
Reply 23
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Why did you apply if it didn't fit you?

I decided it wasn't right for me after I toured the university and spoke to students.
Reply 24
Original post by Takot0
Hi all,

So this has been bothering me a lot over the past week. On Tuesday, I got rejected by St Andrews for Maths, a course which requires AAA, even though I am predicted A*A*AA in Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths respectively. How is this possible??

I asked for individual feedback and got some template rejection email:
"I can guarantee that Admissions Officers have read your application with extreme care, and have evaluated it alongside other applications we have received. This process is thorough and difficult because of the calibre of candidates attracted to St Andrews."

My AS grades were AAAA and GCSEs were 4A*s, 4As and 2Bs (in English Lang and French). I have offers from UCL, Durham and Bristol already so don't think it's because of my personal statement.

I'm a bit depressed in all honesty, I had done a lot of research on the university and was planning on firming it.

Can anyone give me an idea on why I was rejected?? Can I get in through Clearing?

St Andrew's can be rather, er, idiosyncratic. As others have also said, it's by no means uncommon for them to reject candidates who go on to take places at Oxbridge, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It happens Takot the vetting processes at iniversities are often very unfair. Getting a rejection by a university doesn't mean that you are not good enough for them or that you are bad....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending