How to begin revision Watch

Bumblebee10001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys , I'm currently in year 10 and I'm beginning to stress out due to the fact I have mocks in April 24 , I want to revise science spec from beginning but the school is in the middle , I haven't finished my art , and I keep fantasizing on how I'm going to revise - my (revision) timetable is not complete and everything would be perfect . I need advise on how to revise and not fantasize but yet do my current school work . ASAP .
Thank you
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really. Best advice is just to start it. once you start it is easier to get in with it. The hardest part is starting to revise.
Forget a revsion timetable. When you are in the swing of things, then make a timetable as then you'll know how much time you have to t
Do your school work and how much you'll need to revise.

As for when you make a timetable, make it a rough one.
Sid The Kid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
''Get up.
Clear your desk.
Tie your hair,
And just start.'

Probably find that as a background that would perhaps motivate you?

Also the fact, it's your future that you're working for, fantasize all you want but you won't get there without doing the work.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just open a book and get to work. Prioritise topics/subjects that you are weak at and those that have assessments soonest. Make good use of weekends. There's no easy way to do it. Just need the self-control of sitting down, studying, and not letting things distract you.

- Yesterday (Saturday) morning, I spent 2hrs writing notes on sex hormones for a class I'm self-teaching and then a further half hour condensing those notes.
- In the afternoon I spent several hours revising for my microbiology exam on Tuesday (focusing on 2/5 topics that will be covered in it, rather than everything). I made posters and flashcards.
- And then in the evening wrote 500 words to finish up some coursework for another class.

Switching topic/subject like this makes it easier to stay focused. I also don't use a revision timetable or say "I'm going to work X hours" today. I set my goals based on the amount of work I want to cover, and stop when I finish it regardless of if it takes 45 mins or several hours. That way I'm not constantly looking at the clock waiting for it to be over! If I'm not focusing I get up and leave the room, go make a cup of tea or talk to my parents, etc and then come back and try again in 10-20 minutes.

It's hard to get going, but once you start revising it gets easier. I study daily and now feel guilty if I try to take a day off! I think the least work I've done since I started studying daily was 30 mins after a rough day at college.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (283)
15.22%
The paper was reasonable (1033)
55.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (403)
21.68%
It was TERRIBLE (140)
7.53%

Watched Threads