Is it wrong for a man to hit in this situation?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If the woman in the relationship is the physically stronger one (i know a few relationships like this), should that 'man not hit the woman' social rule still apply? Or would it apply the other way round instead ie the woman/stronger person in the relationship should not hit a man if he is weaker?

Obviously it is unlawful to hit anyone lol but yea whats your opinion?
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
How can the woman be physically stronger than the "man"? We are talking about a serious wimp here.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No hitting unless it's play fight on both ends
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is never an excuse for any man to hit a woman. In defence there is such a thing as restraint which does involve physical contact but not violence
Inister
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Richard0328)
There is never an excuse for any man to hit a woman. In defence there is such a thing as restraint which does involve physical contact but not violence
Is there ever an excuse for any woman to hit a man?
username3027362
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Men shouldn't hit women!
1000and1nights
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think it matters who is physically stronger? Neither should hit....

I think the only reason that's acceptable really is self-defence. Then by all means go straight out banzai.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If the woman in the relationship is the physically stronger one (i know a few relationships like this), should that 'man not hit the woman' social rule still apply? Or would it apply the other way round instead ie the woman/stronger person in the relationship should not hit a man if he is weaker?

Why do you need to hit anyone? What has strength got to do with it?
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Inister)
Is there ever an excuse for any woman to hit a man?
of course not but that wasn't the question
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
How can the woman be physically stronger than the "man"? We are talking about a serious wimp here.
ever seen ronda rousey
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I mean if she's Beth Phoenix then idk
Attached files
BasicMistake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
I too have never seen women take part in the Olympic Games, especially in boxing, wrestling or judo.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gender is irrelevant when hitting someone. It's acceptable in self defence and thats it.
RamocitoMorales
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BasicMistake)
I too have never seen women take part in the Olympic Games, especially in boxing, wrestling or judo.
Those women are really exceptional. Plus the average man (and I don't mean your everyday bum; I mean really the average fit male) is still stronger than the vast majority of women who compete in those sports.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Men should absolutely be able to hit women in the case of self-defence, where one is in danger. Relative strength shouldn't interfere with this, if one is in physical danger.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ALYAMAANI)
Men shouldn't hit women!
What if the male's life is threatened?
username3027362
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
What if the male's life is threatened?
This particular perosn isn't in a life threatening situation. If that was the case then by all means defend yourself.
Jackieox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Neither person should be hitting the other unless it's
a) playfighting
b) self defence
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by BasicMistake)
What's Olympic Games got to do with it . I'm talking about if the woman was stronger that's all. I know several rugby players who are stronger/bigger than their husbands there are a few 'hardier' women about.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

It is socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man even if she is twice his size ...., but he is not allowed to hit her first .....if he does he will be branded a woman beater and any white knights in the immediate vicinity will descend upon him like a pack of wolves....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (861)
42.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.11%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.49%

Watched Threads