Buying revision guides... what should I get?

Watch
Kaz_A-Level_2019
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm going to be buying revision guides over the spring or summer holidays. I have to do a language as a GCSE and I've found the new 9-1 CGP books. Should I buy :
*1 revision guide and 1 workbook or
*1 book that has a revision guide, work to go with it and a CD for listening questions?
By the way, the books I've found are:
*GCSE AQA German - The revision guide
*GCSE AQA German - The workbook
*GCSE AQA German - Revision and practice (with CD)
Please let me know about your experiences with these books, which one was better and if they all cover the exact same content (if they don't which revision guide goes into more detail?). Thank you :-)
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GCSEstudent1307)
I'm going to be buying revision guides over the spring or summer holidays. I have to do a language as a GCSE and I've found the new 9-1 CGP books. Should I buy :
*1 revision guide and 1 workbook or
*1 book that has a revision guide, work to go with it and a CD for listening questions?
By the way, the books I've found are:
*GCSE AQA German - The revision guide
*GCSE AQA German - The workbook
*GCSE AQA German - Revision and practice (with CD)
Please let me know about your experiences with these books, which one was better and if they all cover the exact same content (if they don't which revision guide goes into more detail?). Thank you :-)
I recommend you get 1 book that has a revision guide, work to go with it and a CD for listening questions as there will be more content, you'll be able to practice more.... a workbook + revision guide wouldn't be worth its money imo.
Kaz_A-Level_2019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Quizlet)
I recommend you get 1 book that has a revision guide, work to go with it and a CD for listening questions as there will be more content, you'll be able to practice more.... a workbook + revision guide wouldn't be worth its money imo.
Thank you :-)
PODHEC1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GCSEstudent1307)
Thank you :-)
Hi I'm doing aqa German as well, I was wondering what books did you end up getting and one question:Is there vocabulary we just revise or we can revise vocabulary but words can still come up that we haven't seen
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HN786)
Hi I'm doing aqa German as well, I was wondering what books did you end up getting and one question:Is there vocabulary we just revise or we can revise vocabulary but words can still come up that we haven't seen
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...68-SP-2016.PDF
vocab list on p21, wouldn't really reccomend revising from it
PODHEC1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hoixw)
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...68-SP-2016.PDF
vocab list on p21, wouldn't really reccomend revising from it
why not
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HN786)
why not
I personally think that first you need to have a firm grasp of all the key concepts within german, in grammar etc before you start revising a list of words. Trust me, knowing grammatical concepts is way more important than knowing cool words.

Of course, you should know a lot of words, adjectives, but first make sure you know your grammar inside out.

Also,there are way too many words on there to learn imo
PODHEC1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hoixw)
I personally think that first you need to have a firm grasp of all the key concepts within german, in grammar etc before you start revising a list of words. Trust me, knowing grammatical concepts is way more important than knowing cool words.

Of course, you should know a lot of words, adjectives, but first make sure you know your grammar inside out.

Also,there are way too many words on there to learn imo
Yes but if you learn all the vocabulary by memory then on the reading and listening paper you are guaranteed full marks. Grammar only helps for your writing which you already do before hand
lukeclarke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just use wikipedia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (122)
46.74%
Take exams next summer (37)
14.18%
Change uni choice through clearing (66)
25.29%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
9.2%
I'm not applying to university (12)
4.6%

Watched Threads