The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Mad Caddie
Thank god for that!

Hmm. Death doesn't seem to have had much effect. I didn't move much anyway.
Reply 181
Mr White
Hmm. Death doesn't seem to have had much effect. I didn't move much anyway.

Oh.
Reply 182
Mad Caddie
Oh.

Exactly. Hmm, maybe you should have been on this poll.
Reply 183
Mr White
Exactly. Hmm, maybe you should have been on this poll.

Good thinking Copernicus. Make a mental note of that and remember it in future.
Reply 184
Although there are several people who would be far worse as moderators than Vienna, I am quite certain she will never be a mod as she is not only greatly unpopular but also has a tendency to amplify offensive behaviour rather than damping it. I also doubt whether she would mannage to set her political opinions aside.
Reply 185
the poll was 'least likely' not 'will vienna be a mod'.

Jonatan
not only greatly unpopular but also has a tendency to amplify offensive behaviour rather than damping it.

one and the same thing. popularity is a very dangerous thing, especially on this forum.

I also doubt whether she would mannage to set her political opinions aside.

if you are suggesting that I apply favour to those who share similar political opinions, outside of a debating arena, then you are greatly mistaken. surprising, since you portray my 'unpopularity' as being self-isolating.
That post seemed to miss the blatant obvious! Also popularity may not be the most important factor, but unpopularity can become an issue.

De facto argument anyway, nothing added, everything taken, it wouldn't be the same without you here :smile:
Reply 187
Invisible
Moderators only need to delete posts, ban members when appropriate, sort out threads, organise stickeys, thread lockings, make important threads/announcements etc., sort out other problems, forward any special queries to d if necessary.

Popularity etc. is irrelevant.

i would argue that it is worse than irrelevant, it is a hindrance upon good moderation.
Reply 188
Jonatan
Although there are several people who would be far worse as moderators than Vienna, I am quite certain she will never be a mod as she is not only greatly unpopular but also has a tendency to amplify offensive behaviour rather than damping it. I also doubt whether she would mannage to set her political opinions aside.

what's with the 'she' business?
Reply 189
Tinykates
what's with the 'she' business?

and there was us thinking your long-due vacation would add a little maturity.
Reply 190
vienna95

too bad :biggrin:
I'm sure vienna's a great person really... *clearly isn't sure*

Mature = Critical/Implicitly arrogant/Overbearing/Unlikeable?

I think not. (Votes...)
Reply 192
LifeWired
Mature = Critical/Implicitly arrogant/Overbearing/Unlikeable?

no.
Reply 193
vienna95

We don't need moderators who insult the posters.
Acaila

:rolleyes:
Acaila

Well theres already enough posters who insult moderators, so i don't see why it couldn't be the other way round!
Reply 196
Just a bit of friendly banter. I didn't know it was immature to harmlessly point out to Jonatan that vienna is actually a he and not a she. :smile:
Reply 197
Iluvatar
i don't see why it couldn't be the other way round!

if in fact it ever was the case.
Reply 198
Tinykates
Just a bit of friendly banter. I didn't know it was immature to harmlessly point out to Jonatan that vienna is actually a he and not a she. :smile:

Jonatan is open to the same turgid sources as yourself. it is immature to spread rumour, certainly for non-constructive purposes.
Reply 199
vienna95
Jonatan is open to the same turgid sources as yourself. it is immature to spread rumour, certainly for non-constructive purposes.

Whether it was constuctive or not is irrelevant, I was just putting him straight. A 'rumour' is generally used to describe an untruth, but surely that's not what you're saying? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending