Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I ordered something off ebay and waited over a month but it never arrived. I contacted a seller and they informed me that they had sent it out ages ago. So i asked for the tracking number and put it into the Royal Mail website where i found out that it had been delivered a month ago but nobody was home so they left it with a neigbour. However they did not state which neighbour they left it with and they also never put one of those notes through my letter box that tells you that the post man missed you. So i went to both of my neighbours BUT both said they didnt get a package for me. I have no idea what to do now and how im supposed to find my package does anyone know where i go on from now???
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
I ordered something off ebay and waited over a month but it never arrived. I contacted a seller and they informed me that they had sent it out ages ago. So i asked for the tracking number and put it into the Royal Mail website where i found out that it had been delivered a month ago but nobody was home so they left it with a neigbour. However they did not state which neighbour they left it with and they also never put one of those notes through my letter box that tells you that the post man missed you. So i went to both of my neighbours BUT both said they didnt get a package for me. I have no idea what to do now and how im supposed to find my package does anyone know where i go on from now???
I'd contact Royal Mail with the tracking number and explain what happened. It is their fault, really, for not putting the slip through the door. Also ask the seller if the package came with any insurance, as some do, and to what amount. You might be able to get it back from Royal Mail if so
Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I'd contact Royal Mail with the tracking number and explain what happened. It is their fault, really, for not putting the slip through the door. Also ask the seller if the package came with any insurance, as some do, and to what amount. You might be able to get it back from Royal Mail if so
Thanks for the advice. What do you mean by insurance?
0xFFFFail
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just put a claim through to Ebay that you didn't receive your item, let the seller deal with royal mail. Had a similar issue recently.
dan-dream-boys
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0xFFFFail)
Just put a claim through to Ebay that you didn't receive your item, let the seller deal with royal mail. Had a similar issue recently.
I'd agree with this. Ultimately it's the sellers responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you. I would also try to contact Royal Mail to see which neighbour they delivered to, but since it's been over a month I doubt you'll have much luck.

If you put in a claim on eBay you will most likely win and get a refund, unless the seller has proof it was delivered and signed for by YOU (which he doesn't). I hope the item wasn't too expensive!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (55)
28.95%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.89%
No I am happy with my choice (105)
55.26%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (15)
7.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed