The Student Room Group

Prefect/senior prefect applications

Hey, for my school you have to answer five application questions and then a personal statement to be considered for prefect. You then have to go to an interview. I think it is the same for senior prefet and senior senate (head boy/girl/deputies).

For the questions, it asks you about the role of a prefect, what you can bring to the role, why you want to be a prefect, hobbies, extra-curricular activities and events at school you enjoyed. For anyone applying, try looking on your school website for their summary of the role of a prefect and if, like for me, that is not very detailed, try looking on other school websites for schools around your area. They may have slightly different roles but the key atributes are the same.

I don't know what to write for the personal statement as I have a lot of achievements I could include, but most of them I will mention in the question about extra-curricular. Do you know what skills shools look for most in personal statements? What should I leave just for that section, or even for just the interview? please help x

Quick Reply

Latest