The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Brighton vs Falmouth

I want to study Illustration after I leave college but I am stuck on which University I want to focus on attending. I know Falmouth is seen as a better art uni than Brighton but I prefer the location and overall 'feel' of place. I also want to move away from home (more reason for Brighton), but still, should I focus on the better (successful) University?
Original post by BB534
I want to study Illustration after I leave college but I am stuck on which University I want to focus on attending. I know Falmouth is seen as a better art uni than Brighton but I prefer the location and overall 'feel' of place. I also want to move away from home (more reason for Brighton), but still, should I focus on the better (successful) University?

For illustration (and other art based courses) it's most important that you find the course and studio environment where you think you'll thrive. If you're at the "best" university but unhappy or feel stuck at home or like you're missing out then you wont be able to produce your best work or do yourself justice.

You've still got time to decide this - until May. Easter is in mid April - maybe try to arrange a weekend at both universities/towns during the easter break to get a better feel about how you'll be living/studying?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending