help on what will happen if i do really badly on part of my english lit gcse???

Watch
anonymousss18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I have my GCSEs coming up and I'm starting to really worry about my english literature one. There are 4 topics I need to revise for this gcse and they are poetry, An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and Macbeth. I know that if I revise enough then I'm confident I will do well on the topics, other than Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Does anyone know if I'm able to reach a grade 5 at least if I do well on the other 3 topics and do badly on Jekyll and Hyde as I'm really struggling and I know that I'm not going to do well on this topic.
snutty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymousss18)
So I have my GCSEs coming up and I'm starting to really worry about my english literature one. There are 4 topics I need to revise for this gcse and they are poetry, An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and Macbeth. I know that if I revise enough then I'm confident I will do well on the topics, other than Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Does anyone know if I'm able to reach a grade 5 at least if I do well on the other 3 topics and do badly on Jekyll and Hyde as I'm really struggling and I know that I'm not going to do well on this topic.
I can't answer your question properly as I don't know how the new GCSEs are marked but here are some resources for DJMH if you need some:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H_d9gwKtehucfy
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SEIHP6JIU8UK-f
https://www.enotes.com/homework-help...jekyll+mr+hyde

Also, if you go on https://getrevising.co.uk/ and type in the book you might be able to find some more things there.

Good luck!
J4mie99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have no idea about bands because I left school the year before they came in, just revise as much as you feel comfortable with, you can push yourself but don't stress about it. Most colleges/sixth forms will let you retake it if they really want you to but as far as I'm aware they actually only really care about English language //my friend passed English lang and not lit and for the first year of college he was actually in a higher class than me for the same course because he didn't have to retake English or maths// unless English lit is something you want to go on and do at college/sixth form.
I was really crap at the poetry part of my exam and still passed with the writing about the books:laugh:
Honestly try not to stress yourself out about it, good luck
PinkAcid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no idea about the new bands either but whatever equates to a C is what you need to aim for as a minimum, most colleges and basic jobs will take you as long as you have a c in english lit & lan, maths and science
__SiMx__
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymousss18)
Hi there!

I'm also doing these 4 topics. I believe that if you do really well on An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and poetry, you will get a good grade. But if you fail Jekyll and Hyde, then that will definitely bring down your overall grade as each topic is worth a lot of marks. It also depends on what your current grades are now so I cannot say if you will get past a grade 5 definitely (although I'm sure you will unless your grades are like REALLY bad).

What I find that helps quite a lot is to stick quotes (Jekyll and Hyde especially) around your home so that you get the memorising quotes bit out of the way. Also make sure you know the text well and what happens in each chapter.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads