Should human testing be done on criminals?

Watch
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just a question. I personally think human testing in the name of furthering scientific research to develop cures and learn more about the human body, prisoners that have done great crimes (such as mass murder/rapes) should be used in human testing to do some good for the world, rather than rot in a cell. Furthermore, allowing other inmates and prisoners who have not committed such grievous crimes should be allowed a choice to partake as subjects in human testing, for a lowered sentence (if they survive). I understand the many ethical and moral problems around this idea- but what do you think?
theartofblanks
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. No. No.
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MADMANMALIK)
Just a question. I personally think human testing in the name of furthering scientific research to develop cures and learn more about the human body, prisoners that have done great crimes (such as mass murder/rapes) should be used in human testing to do some good for the world, rather than rot in a cell. Furthermore, allowing other inmates and prisoners who have not committed such grievous crimes should be allowed a choice to partake as subjects in human testing, for a lowered sentence (if they survive). I understand the many ethical and moral problems around this idea- but what do you think?
As long as it's optional, I'm not opposed
Dat boil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sets a dangerous precedent, What if wrongly convicted?

Nonetheless i'm not totally opposed, the simple solution to not being experimented on is to not rape or murder people.
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The physical side effects could prove to be very harmful - which people would be against.

Kinda like corporal (or even capital) punishment.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you want to send dangerous, potentially lunatic mass-murderers off to science institutions. Send them off to be experimented on against their will, amongst tons of dangerous chemicals and expensive scientific equipment? What could possibly go wrong with that?
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
So you want to send dangerous, potentially lunatic mass-murderers off to science institutions. Send them off to be experimented on against their will, amongst tons of dangerous chemicals and expensive scientific equipment? What could possibly go wrong with that?
Exactly this, and that's aside from the significant moral issues with the proposal. Even if it is people who have committed terrible crimes, I'm not sure it justifies the potential side effects mentioned in another post.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No thanks Mr Mengele

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm for capital punishment. I'm, uh, I'm not for that.
MachinesCradle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whatever testing is necessary.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Surely you won't get valid results plus that's completely wrong.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Absolutely not.
Siberiaan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
As long as it's optional, I'm not opposed
That's like making death camps optional , no one is gonna turn up m8
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
That's like making death camps optional , no one is gonna turn up m8
Money? Incentives within prisons? Reduced sentence?
pastel-princess
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes, i am all for human testing on prisonsers, there are many places in the world which use mandatory animal testing. Not only would human testing be a better idea because the DNA of humans is closer to other humans that bunnies, monkeys, dogs etc., it would act a better derrant to do crimes and it will save a large number of innocent animals.
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Nope you are bonkers.
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
Nope presumably they would come to prison or there would be a secure medical facility.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It should be optional for them and they should be paid, it's a good way of testing and if they're in prison they can make money to send to their families. There should be a minimum term limit depending on the nature, e.g for the most extreme testing they have to be doing a life sentence, for observations anything like a 6 month sentence would do. I think it's fair if they can opt out.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think full co-operation should be accepted as a form of good behaviour, only for low criminals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree but nobody should be forced to do this type of thing , even criminals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No (115)
69.7%

Watched Threads