The Student Room Group

Should i wait until i am 18 to go to university?

When I finish my last year of school I will only be 17 and I don't know if it is better to take a gap year or just start university. Thanks.
Depends whether being able to take part in activities such as drinking where you need to be 18+ from the get go is important to you.

If you really don't want to be left out of things because of your age and taking a year out doesn't bother you, then yeah may as well take a gap year.

But if you don't care then may as well just go straight to uni.
I would hold off until you are 18 like most students so you can get the full effect even if you don't drink going out on the first night is a vital. bonding experience. And you can't do that if you are 17 as you. Red ID to get in to clubs and student. Xards do not cut it at most places even my union. Ar asked for ID . I think you will have a better experience at 18.
Yeah I'd take a gap year and work, go abroad, start learning a language. That'll give you a much bigger advantage than going to uni straight away.
Aside from drinking, if you want to play sports competitively, BUCS don't allow under 18s to play I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thank you. I appreciate your advice
Original post by SophieSmall
Depends whether being able to take part in activities such as drinking where you need to be 18+ from the get go is important to you.

If you really don't want to be left out of things because of your age and taking a year out doesn't bother you, then yeah may as well take a gap year.

But if you don't care then may as well just go straight to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending