clarkeallana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I study English Language (A2) along with Law and Sociology. Law and Sociology are straightforward enough to revise with set essays and past papers. English, however, is different. I am doing a new exam board (eduqas) therefore there are no past exam papers. I was wondering how you would revise for a subject like this? It has a creative writing/ commentary element, analysis of spoken transcripts, language change over time and a 60 mark question on either power, child language acquisition or standard/non-standard english.
Uniandme123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I relate to this because I found AS English Language (WJEC) quite difficult because there were no past papers.
I was getting mostly As up until the exam where I got a C.

My class does specimen papers that the exam board has given us, what about you? 😀
LadiesMan99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have the same problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
clarkeallana
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uniandme123)
Hi, I relate to this because I found AS English Language (WJEC) quite difficult because there were no past papers.
I was getting mostly As up until the exam where I got a C.

My class does specimen papers that the exam board has given us, what about you? 😀
Yeah we do some questions but they are very limited so we don't do them often. It's hard to know what do do when everything is so limited hahaha
Laughh3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you do past papers how do you mark them?
clarkeallana
Rep:
?
We don't do past papers - there isn't any to do and if we do an exemplar question the teachers usually mark them or we usually follow "assessment objectives" where we get a sheet with marking points and see if our work meets the objectvies
Loreto2018
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey i also do english language (eduqas) and i too dont know how to revise for this. Any tips at all?

(Original post by clarkeallana)
We don't do past papers - there isn't any to do and if we do an exemplar question the teachers usually mark them or we usually follow "assessment objectives" where we get a sheet with marking points and see if our work meets the objectvies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed