UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Offer Holders 2017-2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by InnocentAngel
Does anyone know when LCC's offer holders day is? I've got one for Graphic Media Design

I'm also doing GMD, the offer holders day is April 22nd, I got my email today (10/03). Hope this helps :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by _eth95
I'm also doing GMD, the offer holders day is April 22nd, I got my email today (10/03). Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by megh.
I thought i'd start a thread for everyone who has received offers from UAL and are attending in September.

I've received two unconditional offers from LCC for Journalism and Magazine Journalism & Publishing, I'm just currently deciding which one to firm! For accommodation i'm thinking of the highline building with it being closest to LCC.

What/Where has everyone else got offers for and which accommodation are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

hi, congrats on getting in i got a place at LCC too i was thinking either highline or garden house for accommodation
hi! i got an offer at Camberwell for BA graphic design :smile:
I've been offered a place for September studying Fashion Styling & Production at LCF. At the Lime Grove site.
Is anyone else from that building considering accommodation slightly further out/more central that the Costume Store such as Will Wyatt, Don Gratton & Sketch House. All 3 are far more sociable in every way than the Costume Store (the area, people, night life etc) and far more central and considering it's 2/3 days in the Uni, probably a much better option. I also know the Costume Store is a joke in regards to the people who run it, they charge you for everything and take forever to get back to you about broken things. So I'm curious how many other LCF students are applying for accommodation else where? :smile:
Reply 25
I got an offer at Csm for BA Product design 😁😁😁
Reply 26
Anyone is planning on studying Design for Branded Spaces at LCC?
Reply 27
Original post by anniechr
I've been offered a place for September studying Fashion Styling & Production at LCF. At the Lime Grove site.
Is anyone else from that building considering accommodation slightly further out/more central that the Costume Store such as Will Wyatt, Don Gratton & Sketch House. All 3 are far more sociable in every way than the Costume Store (the area, people, night life etc) and far more central and considering it's 2/3 days in the Uni, probably a much better option. I also know the Costume Store is a joke in regards to the people who run it, they charge you for everything and take forever to get back to you about broken things. So I'm curious how many other LCF students are applying for accommodation else where? :smile:

I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm going to be studying hair and makeup for fashion and will be based at lime grove. I will be considering other accommodations too. Sketch will be my top choice.
Got a place to study Fine Art and Chelsea. Thinking of getting accommodation in Camberwell
Reply 29
I have received an offer for Fashion Management at LCF, still waiting to hear back from Fashion Marketing... I'm unsure about accommodation though
Hey, I've got an unconditional for live events and television at LCC. And to whoever asked the LCC offer day is the 22nd of April if I remember correctly :smile:. Well done to everyone else on their offers!
Original post by anniechr

I'm not going to LCF, but after the accommodation open day yesterday I could recommend both will Wyatt and don Gratton. Both really nice places, with the former being a bit larger. Both in a great part of London nest Shoreditch and with good travel links. Hope that helps a little :smile:
Original post by megh.
I thought i'd start a thread for everyone who has received offers from UAL and are attending in September.

I've received two unconditional offers from LCC for Journalism and Magazine Journalism & Publishing, I'm just currently deciding which one to firm! For accommodation i'm thinking of the highline building with it being closest to LCC.

What/Where has everyone else got offers for and which accommodation are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

Hey, congrats on your offers! Which accommodation to chose for LCC depends on your budget and your travel preferences. For example although Highline is the closest to LCC the rooms are yearly contracts only, whilst Manna Ash is the next closest, a bit older, but 42 week contract. Personally I think in going for Will Wyatt as it's contracts lengths are 42 weeks, I love the Shoreditch area it's close to, and there is the District line from old Street to elephant and castle which takes a couple mins to walk to and its a 9 minute tube ride. Hope that helps :smile:
guys, it would be to start a facebook group for offer holders! are you all in the UAL freshers group for 2017?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142300829567991/
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES SEPT 2017 SHEPHERD'S BUSH - LIME GROVE
Hi guys,
I got a conditional offer for the Integrated Master Fashion Media Practice and Criticism at LCF at the Lime Grove campus and I'm probably going to make it my firm choice. I was looking for accommodations and since I think that The Costume Store is pretty expensive and far from the university I searched for private solutions such as houses and flats.
I've found a couple of houses with 4 bedrooms each that would cost from 148 to 174/pppw (all bills included) saving from 58 up to 163£/month (which i think is great if you are on a budget like myself) compared to the costume store. All of them are at max 30 mins away by walk and 10 mins away by bicycle from Lime Grove (the closest one is one street away tbh).
For this reason I am looking for roommates, so if you are interested, or you know somebody that could be, send me a dm on instagram at deangelolucia or an email at [email protected]
Original post by FrankFoggy
Hey, congrats on your offers! Which accommodation to chose for LCC depends on your budget and your travel preferences. For example although Highline is the closest to LCC the rooms are yearly contracts only, whilst Manna Ash is the next closest, a bit older, but 42 week contract. Personally I think in going for Will Wyatt as it's contracts lengths are 42 weeks, I love the Shoreditch area it's close to, and there is the District line from old Street to elephant and castle which takes a couple mins to walk to and its a 9 minute tube ride. Hope that helps :smile:

Hey! LCC here too :smile: are you putting Will Wyatt as first choice then? I think I'm going for Highline although the long contract is annoying but I feel it's nicer overall. I'm kinda torn between the other choices as all the areas of the halls I've looked at seem pretty 'dodgy' let's just say XD Also considering Glassyard and Sketchhouse...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably yes. Manna Ash was quiet and Don Gratton was basically like Birmingham, which I don't want
Hello everyone !! Congratulations on all of your offers !!

I firmed my place for Graphic Design Communication at Chelsea and hopefully I'll be studying there in September if everything goes to plan... but I have Illustration and Visual Media at LCC as my insurance... ((if you're in my course - hmu... I haven't heard a lot from GDC or Chelsea in general around TSR))

I've already applied for halls.... I picked Glassyard and Highline... Prefer the look of Glassyard though...
Reply 38
Original post by charlou125
Hello everyone !! Congratulations on all of your offers !!

I firmed my place for Graphic Design Communication at Chelsea and hopefully I'll be studying there in September if everything goes to plan... but I have Illustration and Visual Media at LCC as my insurance... ((if you're in my course - hmu... I haven't heard a lot from GDC or Chelsea in general around TSR))

I've already applied for halls.... I picked Glassyard and Highline... Prefer the look of Glassyard though...

Hi, How did you apply for halls? In know you have to have a student ID have you got one from the uni? I had firmed by place at LCC a while ago, haven't heard anything.
Hi !!

You use the student ID you have with the uni to apply for halls ((which is open now))... You can register here....

http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/accommodation/

Once registered just follow through the website and place your preferred accommodation... You have 5 options and the first one you click on should be your most preferred, then the second and so on... they'll also ask you if you would like to stay in a single sex halls etc but its not guaranteed....

I don't think they tell you to apply for halls... I was just told on my open day/interview day that application would open around March/April... The student ambassadors also recommended to apply early as rooms are given on a first come, first serve basis... However, they won't offer you a room until like 3 weeks after application or something ((then you would have to pay the deposit to secure your place))...

that's pretty much it I think... ((other UAL candidates, feel free to add if there's anything I missed out...))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending