The Student Room Group

How can I improve my qualifications to get a place in uni?

Hello,
First of all- if I unnecessarily create new discussion and there is similar topic, please let me know where I should write this. I will try to bring the problem shortly.

Basically I am from Poland but currently live in Edinburgh. I am desperate to start studying Spanish in uni but I don't meet all entry requirements in universities here.

First of all I didn't have Spanish at school so I didn't pass it on my Polish Matura Exams. My first question is, if I finish Spanish Highers here, does it make sense to uni to match all my qualifications, both polish and scottish and if Spanish was the only subject that I miss, now the problem will be solved?

Second thing, if I don't meet unis requirements because one subjects (maths) lower quite a lot my overall average, how can I fixed it here? I've never been good in maths but does it mean that I have no chance to study languages in here?

If anyone was in similar situation, please let me know how you managed with it.
I tried to ask for help advisor in nearby college but the woman made me only more confused and demotivated as she had no clue about polish equivalent of scottish qualifications and she was saying only "you need to obtain this certificate before you get another (...)" but never helped how I can make it.

Quick Reply