Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Let us know how you get on. Could you say sacrifice a few years out of education and start afresh and go to university as a mature student? I know someone who studies at OU and works quite a lot because he was told he had three years to live due to cancer. If it passes that limit and he's alive it's highly probable he defeated little c. He's also older than us two no doubt too.
    Yes i could . I guess i'll decide what to do on thursday. Its not the end of the world, just feels like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Its not the end of the world, just feels like it!
    That's what I've read not so long ago. I'm not sure if I should take this route though. I've not had a 100% experience myself either, but it's not as bad as your case, though I'll be stuck with mine forever really. Take a few years for employment and help pay for fees and perhaps a masters degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    A query, Pencil Queen - if you miss your grade by a small margin, your Firm Uni has decided NOT to accept you BUT are going to get a rapid remark (2-3 days) what is the procedure then? What should the individual student or Head of Sixth Form do - contact the Uni direct to let them know what is happening?
    They cannot officialy reject you untill something like the 30th of August - they are just telling you that they will be rejecting you as things stand. Therefore you should phone them and tell them you are having it remarked.

i thought the university make the decision when you actually phone them.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Cantact the uni ASAP - in fact if you only missed your offer by a few UMS points it's also worth contacting them - uni's only recieve a raw grade for each A level so don't know if you're 1 mark or 19 marks off your grade...so if this the case in your situation letting them know may well go in your favour (they may have 20 students all missed their offer by a grade but can only accept 5).
    Can't they be given the UMS points?

ReputationRep:
    PQ - if you missed the grades but the uni accepted you on the ucas tracker is there much point in ringing up to confirm it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    (her insurance uni accepted her on the Tuesday before results day)

Not electronically - at least at the
    She was accepted before results day? How does that work? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh... things are becoming clearer now. Thanks PQ

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.