The Student Room Group

Accenture Technology Degree Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else had an email from future learn about an online course on digital fundamentals? Not sure if it's legitimate or not as the email mentions Accenture but isn't from them and it was in my junk folder. Thanks
Original post by Humanfromearth
Has anyone else had an email from future learn about an online course on digital fundamentals? Not sure if it's legitimate or not as the email mentions Accenture but isn't from them and it was in my junk folder. Thanks

Yep I also just received it, mine was in my Primary folder...
Reply 122
Here is a quick question.. do we count as full time students when we are in the apprenticeship ?

I know the Uni is technically part time?

Just asking for Council Tax reasons.
Anyone else been running into trouble with onboarding? (Newcastle), Almost everything sorted now but had a few issues with them getting in touch with my personal reference but I've provided them a different one now so hopefully that should be sorted in the next few days.

Haven't received any email about digital fundamentals either.
Reply 124
Original post by Ryand88
Anyone else been running into trouble with onboarding? (Newcastle), Almost everything sorted now but had a few issues with them getting in touch with my personal reference but I've provided them a different one now so hopefully that should be sorted in the next few days.

Mine has been ok so far - confirmed the security check has been completed and I think I am just waiting for one more reference to get back to them.

I do only have 8 out of 12 tasks completed on red carpet though. Is this same as you?

Nothing from FutureLearn for me as well.
Original post by Todsy20

Mine has been ok so far - confirmed the security check has been completed and I think I am just waiting for one more reference to get back to them.

I do only have 8 out of 12 tasks completed on red carpet though. Is this same as you?

Nothing from FutureLearn for me as well.

Yeah 8/12 for me as well, guess we're at the exact same stage then :P Which assessment centre were you in?
Original post by Ryand88

Yeah, I had an issue with both tutor reference and personal reference, I basically supplied 2 of the same references for both, so I needed to find a different reference for personal reference and they wanted an additional tutor reference from another high school I attended 2 years ago... I basically had to supply a personal reference and x2 tutor reference (current school and previous school).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by squirrology
Yeah, I had an issue with both tutor reference and personal reference, I basically supplied 2 of the same references for both, so I needed to find a different reference for personal reference and they wanted an additional tutor reference from another high school I attended 2 years ago... I basically had to supply a personal reference and x2 tutor reference (current school and previous school).

Yeah that's similar to my problem, school directed both my tutor and personal reference to the same teacher even though they asked for separate teachers so now I've had to find a different personal reference.
Reply 128
Original post by Ryand88
Yeah 8/12 for me as well, guess we're at the exact same stage then :P Which assessment centre were you in?

Ah right. That's good to know. Bit of reassurance.

I was in the afternoon thursday AC. Wbu?
The only problem I've had with onboarding has been getting an email address from a place i worked at a few years ago. I doubt any of the managers there know how to open emails tbh so I don't have any email addresses to give them. It was only a few months of work so I can't even remember anyone's name but I know they were technologically backwards.
Original post by Todsy20
Ah right. That's good to know. Bit of reassurance.

I was in the afternoon Thursday AC. Wbu?

Tuesday morning, very far apart

Now my on boarding person is asking me to provide my employment reference again when they already have it and fill in an internal CV??

Does anyone know what's going on.
Reply 131
Original post by Ryand88
Tuesday morning, very far apart

Now my on boarding person is asking me to provide my employment reference again when they already have it and fill in an internal CV??

Does anyone know what's going on.

Yeah, 4 AC's ran I think for this intake. Polar ends of when we did ours.

Hopefully you get it all sorted - they were good at getting back to me with the progress.

Ps. Can anyone who got the FutureLearn email post a link? I am curios...

Cheers !

Edit : got internal CV to fill out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Does anyone know what happens next after completing all tasks from onboarding? Finally, all my referees have responded to them
What kind of I.T skills are you guys putting down on the internal CV by the way? I can't really think of many specific I.T skills apart from programming and typing speed etc.
Original post by Ryand88
What kind of I.T skills are you guys putting down on the internal CV by the way? I can't really think of many specific I.T skills apart from programming and typing speed etc.

Internal CV?? I haven't had to fill out an internal CV...
Original post by squirrology
Internal CV?? I haven't had to fill out an internal CV...

idk if they sent me it because I was in contact with on-boarding anyway but yeah I got sent an internal CV to fill in asking me about my I.T skills and to just repeat what my grades were etc.

It might be worth sending on-boarding an email asking about it just in case, on the same note with on-boarding though ; I finally got my references sorted out and then on-boarding said they're just validating my documents then I'll get an email from red carpet ; has anyone else reached this stage yet and how long did it take them to validate your documents?

Also just to keep the conversation going :biggrin: Do you guys have any coding experience going into this apprenticeship? Cause I'm pretty much going in blind except for a computer science GCSE where I learned basic python.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ryand88
idk if they sent me it because I was in contact with on-boarding anyway but yeah I got sent an internal CV to fill in asking me about my I.T skills and to just repeat what my grades were etc.

It might be worth sending on-boarding an email asking about it just in case, on the same note with on-boarding though ; I finally got my references sorted out and then on-boarding said they're just validating my documents then I'll get an email from red carpet ; has anyone else reached this stage yet and how long did it take them to validate your documents?

Also just to keep the conversation going :biggrin: Do you guys have any coding experience going into this apprenticeship? Cause I'm pretty much going in blind except for a computer science GCSE where I learned basic python.

Ironically, they sent my internal CV to my E-Mail yesterday. I personally haven't reached that stage yet, I have to wait for results day to give them my certificates/results, so they probably won't validate my documentation till around that time..
Reply 137
Original post by Ryand88

Hmm... they've finished with all my references about a week ago. Still no word from Red Carpet mind.

I don't have any background in coding experience going in, just trying to learn some Java this month.
Anyone have any good practice project ideas in Java? I've done a few basic ones but I'm looking for more challenging ones now.

I was going to do some C# as well but I can't seem to get any IDEs to work well on Linux and I'd rather not install windows onto my laptop unless I have to.
Hey guys, bit late but I thought I'd drop this for future people looking for info. I got an offer for the Network Engineer role but had to reject it based on salary as its not enough to live in London, which is as follows. I couldn't find this info when searching so hopeully this helps people in future years.

year1 15000
2 15250
3 16000
4 28000

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending