Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My grades
    GCSE English - D
    GCSE Literature - D

A-level English Language - E

I was just wondering whether an A-level grade E would be the equivalent of a GCSE A*?

(Original post by Pencil)
    My grades
    GCSE English - D
    GCSE Literature - D

A-level English Language - E

I was just wondering whether an A-level grade E would be the equivalent of a GCSE A*?
    I very much doubt it. I suppsoe if you did the your A-level standard of work (E) at GCSE than i'd probably think you'd get at max a C or low B, No-way would it be an A*.

It's incomparable - they are two completely different qualifications. However, having said that, an E is 40-49% at A2 and an A* is 80% + at GCSE - and the A2 is considerably more in-depth than any GCSE. Why do you want to know, anyway?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering... I have these grades and it would be nice know the A2's value.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.