The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Perfect, thank-you very much!

I rang up about my application today as I haven't heard anything and they said I had passed and they were waiting for me to book for the assessment center. I haven't received an email from them and after logging into the portal above it just tells me that I've submitted my application, nothing else. Very confused!
Original post by LolliesOar
Perfect, thank-you very much!

I rang up about my application today as I haven't heard anything and they said I had passed and they were waiting for me to book for the assessment center. I haven't received an email from them and after logging into the portal above it just tells me that I've submitted my application, nothing else. Very confused!

That seems very strange and very confusing! I might give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.. no news is good news until it's bad news I reckon! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought I'd just add my experience so far to hopefully help people out!
I remember completing the online test literally the day it came out ( 20/02/17 ) and recieved the email saying I'd passed on the 7th of April, once I'd checked that afew days later they told me my assessment day would be on the 22nd of April in Newcastle at 8:30am, I'm from doncaster therefore had to get up at 5am and catch the 6am train to Newcastle, however I rang them up the day before and they paid and booked for my tickets I just had to collect them from the station.
The assessment day itself I found really challenging but the people who run it and interview you are all very lovely and make you feel super comfortable!
They said the earliest we would find out is May and hopefully the latest they were aiming for was June with our group.
Hope this helps!
Anyone else doing their assessment centre 13th May PM in London (parliament street)? And does anyone have any info on the assessment centres? I've read the materials on the website but any extra info would be much appreciated!
Original post by gemmacurriee
Anyone else doing their assessment centre 13th May PM in London (parliament street)? And does anyone have any info on the assessment centres? I've read the materials on the website but any extra info would be much appreciated!

Hi, I'm going to this session too! This is the one where you use the King Charles Street entrance. There's a fair amount of information on the day and directions/map link from the apprenticeship CS pages. What other information are you looking for?
Test results back this afternoon.. no pass for me and scored average in all the tests, looks like I let myself down with the competency question whereas I thought it would have been the situational judgment I failed on.. but any way, there's always next year! Good luck to everyone for the assessment centres :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I failed aswell got average on both tests and above average on situational! Never mind good luck everyone xx
I have my assessment centre on the 3rd may at Newcastle. I failed last year, my feedback was good on interview but no so good on written test and group exercise explaining I need to be more comprehensive.

This time I am not taking it as seriously as it just adds to much stress and I think this is the reason I couldn't put pen to paper correctly in the written test and my mind went blank in the group exercise. Just going to be my self and hopefully it will pay off this time!

So just a tip newcomers its not all about the interview!!
Reply 268
Am I the only one still waiting?! I've assumed it's a no by now anyway but would be nice to know for sure.
No, I am still waiting! Not lost hope though
Reply 270
Same im still waiting! Don't know what to think... i emailed them yesterday and they said everyone will know either today or tomorrow so good luck everyone!
Reply 271
Oh no just heard back and i've also been unsuccessful :frown: oh well!
I just got an email yesterday saying i was successful and they want me to go to an assessment day in a few weeks. I'd pretty much forgotten about it and had my mind set on uni as i applied the day the applications opened and heard nothing since. I don't know whether ill go to the assessment day (which sounds like 3 and a half hour of hell) or just stick with aiming for uni. The salary is really good for an 18 year old but it only lasts two years and by the look of it you aren't guaranteed anything afterwards. Maybe a degree with a year's work experience would be a better choice.
Reply 273
How many people are waiting to be given an assessment date? I hope they give me plenty of notice seeing as I don't live near any of the assessment centres! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
As far as I am aware it is a permanent position after the apprenticeship has finished providing you complete everything?
Yeah you do get given a permanent position after you complete the apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have an email for the recruitment team that I can email? I'm so tired of waiting and would love to know what is going on with my application!
Reply 277
Original post by SweetWorker111
Does anybody have an email for the recruitment team that I can email? I'm so tired of waiting and would love to know what is going on with my application!

Someone has already said that everyone should hear by the end of tomorrow, but in case you still want to chase it's fast.track@@csresourcing.gsi.gov.uk
Reply 278
Original post by JamesDobson
I just got an email yesterday saying i was successful and they want me to go to an assessment day in a few weeks. I'd pretty much forgotten about it and had my mind set on uni as i applied the day the applications opened and heard nothing since. I don't know whether ill go to the assessment day (which sounds like 3 and a half hour of hell) or just stick with aiming for uni. The salary is really good for an 18 year old but it only lasts two years and by the look of it you aren't guaranteed anything afterwards. Maybe a degree with a year's work experience would be a better choice.

You are recruited on a permanent contract, so there isn't anything for them to "guarantee" - all you need to do is make sure you pass your learning. After the scheme, you can either:

a) stay in your existing job
b) apply for a different job at same grade
c) apply for promotion
d) apply for Fast Stream (civil service grad programme, without a degree or the debt of uni)

Plus the whole time you'll be earning between £19,500 & c.£27k (dependent on location)
Reply 279
Original post by Aaas115
Yeah you do get given a permanent position after you complete the apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are recruited on a permanent contract

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending