The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

so they've received all of my documents, again, and I've received an email back to say their all OK. soooo now just to wait for a job offer eekk
Hi Guys! After an anxious time after moving from the PD list to my 2nd choice Commercial after location issues, I've just had an email from the Commercial lead to arrange a phone call to discuss a Newport opportunity (eek!). Arranged for tomorrow so will update further when I know more. I won't feel secure until the offer is confirmed......

Best of luck to those waiting for contact.
Original post by tinnedrice
Hi Guys! After an anxious time after moving from the PD list to my 2nd choice Commercial after location issues, I've just had an email from the Commercial lead to arrange a phone call to discuss a Newport opportunity (eek!). Arranged for tomorrow so will update further when I know more. I won't feel secure until the offer is confirmed......

Best of luck to those waiting for contact.

I'm hoping I get Newport too! I put Newport and Cardiff down 😊 Best of luck to you! Still haven't heard anything!
Original post by Ohsoemo
I'm hoping I get Newport too! I put Newport and Cardiff down 😊 Best of luck to you! Still haven't heard anything!

Thanks! Fingers crossed you will hear soon if this means they've got onto South Wales location sorting!
Original post by Laurturn
ah congrats. If they wanted extra docs they would have requested it before job offer so your fine. soo it looks like business and digital and tech have been handed out in Newcastle so far, just need them to tell me if I can have finance Newcastle or not.

I read on the Facebook page that someone rang up and there isn't actually any finance roles within Newcastle.
As I had finance down as a first option and I got given business, being the first batch to hear it was a little weird.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lolly1999
I read on the Facebook page that someone rang up and there isn't actually any finance roles within Newcastle.
As I had finance down as a first option and I got given business, being the first batch to hear it was a little weird.

yeah I read that too, although I believe they've been miss informed. my hubby is an HEO in HMRC in auditing and he has there theres a a fee tax professional apprentices going to be joining another team on his floor. even still tho, I can't imagine there will be no finance positions in Newcastle, it's the hub for the northeast, it's very strange.
finance is ny first option too, all my documents are in so just got to sit back and wait and see, fingers and toes crossed too.
Has anybody been offered a role in Liverpool yet? Seems to be everywhere but Liverpool ! :smile:
I applied for Finance and Business in Newcastle and got a job offer for the Business scheme in Washington.

I'm going to reapply next year and hope I can get onto the Finance or Digital Scheme; I don't think my online test scores were good enough this time.

Good luck to everyone waiting, I hope you all get the job offers you want.
Which department was it for business in Washington? :smile:
Supplied all the relevant documents at the Assessment Centre but apparently they're missing my P45/P60, National Insurance Number which was on one of my letters I gave them, and a Utility Bill.

I'm wondering though if they've not received the documents from the Assessment Centre or if it's requested by potential department? It seems strange how all of us supplied documents and they're missing them.

I hope It's all OK. I only put the initials in the subject, wonder if I should have put my name in there too....
Original post by Joanneelise1
Supplied all the relevant documents at the Assessment Centre but apparently they're missing my P45/P60, National Insurance Number which was on one of my letters I gave them, and a Utility Bill.

I'm wondering though if they've not received the documents from the Assessment Centre or if it's requested by potential department? It seems strange how all of us supplied documents and they're missing them.

I hope It's all OK. I only put the initials in the subject, wonder if I should have put my name in there too....

Did it say Missing document 2 and then a list of all those that were acceptable as I think that meant you just had to provide one of them! I just put the initials in the subject and that was fine. If you don't get confirmation that they have received it then I would give them a call tomorrow. I sent mine on Tuesday and called them today and they hadn't got it. They said the mail box keeps filling up and then they are not receiving things but that I should send it again right away then as it wasn't full when I called. If yours hasn't gone through then they will probably advise you to do the same. I hope this helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kellyg25
Did it say Missing document 2 and then a list of all those that were acceptable as I think that meant you just had to provide one of them! I just put the initials in the subject and that was fine. If you don't get confirmation that they have received it then I would give them a call tomorrow. I sent mine on Tuesday and called them today and they hadn't got it. They said the mail box keeps filling up and then they are not receiving things but that I should send it again right away then as it wasn't full when I called. If yours hasn't gone through then they will probably advise you to do the same. I hope this helps!

No, mine said Missing documents and asked for Utility Bill, P60/P45 or Photo ID verified by Jobcentre and National Insurance Number. I sent a P60, Utility Bill, put my driving license on anyway but it hasn't been verified and also sent a tribunal letter which has my NI number on even though the P60U has it. Hopefully that's enough. I will call them in the morning sometime to make sure they have received it.

I gave all of these things at Assessment Centre and yet they're missing :frown:
Original post by 97qwerty
Has anybody been offered a role in Liverpool yet? Seems to be everywhere but Liverpool ! :smile:

Ive applied for Liverpool and Warrington and not heard anything. I think they're doing it in locations ☺️
Original post by Joanneelise1
No, mine said Missing documents and asked for Utility Bill, P60/P45 or Photo ID verified by Jobcentre and National Insurance Number. I sent a P60, Utility Bill, put my driving license on anyway but it hasn't been verified and also sent a tribunal letter which has my NI number on even though the P60U has it. Hopefully that's enough. I will call them in the morning sometime to make sure they have received it.

I gave all of these things at Assessment Centre and yet they're missing :frown:

They've seemed to ask for different things from different people it's all a bit confusing! I gave a copy of my national insurance number at the assessment centre but had to supply a P60, national insurance certificate or a utility bill. Yes I would definitely call them for peace of mind!
I have also received a request for my documents again. They put the reason as I didn't give them enough GCSE's but I did. So sending that over tonight
Bit confused by the email requesting documents. It's say photo ID must be verified by job centre or civil service. Does this mean I will have to take my driving license and passport to one of these before I send them off?
Hi! I had an email yesterday from the Commercial lead, confirming there are placements in Newport & to arrange s call. We spoke this morning and they gave further info on the scheme & confirmed the department - Crown Commercial Service. They wanted to confirm I'd like a role on that scheme, then advised I will get an email early next week with role info. They weren't specfic about role, but confirmed it is EO equivalent. So now on the lookout for the next email! They did say for people on the Commercial scheme the process should hopefully be quicker as it's a smaller cohort than Business or PD.
Original post by Carpetleaves
Bit confused by the email requesting documents. It's say photo ID must be verified by job centre or civil service. Does this mean I will have to take my driving license and passport to one of these before I send them off?

Yes you will - easiest to make an appointment at your nearest Job Centre - they'll copy your docs and confirm it's you!
Original post by mjp73
Yes you will - easiest to make an appointment at your nearest Job Centre - they'll copy your docs and confirm it's you!

Thank you! I think I'll just use my full birth certificate and short certificate as they are both in different groups. That will save me the journey and I'll be able to get it sent off tonight.
I take it, it's been a quiet day for everyone then

Quick Reply

Latest