The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SP98
I heard back about 2 weeks ago. Which department and area will you be based at?

Department for Education in Nottingham, how about you? I’ll probably ring and chase if I haven’t heard anything in 2 weeks, I really need to get my start date confirmed soon!
Reply 1721
Original post by LolliesOar
Department for Education in Nottingham, how about you? I’ll probably ring and chase if I haven’t heard anything in 2 weeks, I really need to get my start date confirmed soon!

I've got DWP and based in Fylde. I think I'll probably also wait till the end of the week. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by SP98
I've got DWP and based in Fylde. I think I'll probably also wait till the end of the week. Good luck! :smile:

Have you heard anything?
Reply 1723
Original post by LolliesOar
Have you heard anything?

Yes, I just heard back today regarding a provisional start date.

What department are you based in? Have you heard back?
Original post by Bo55y
Yes apparently there was some form of miscommunication between the department and fast track therefore the wrong location was given. And unfortunately yes, whilst i am still remaining in London the new location is 1hr 30 min away from the previous, hence why a change of accommodation is needed.

Let me know if the flat you are moving out from will be free to rent, because I am wanting to relocate to london.
Original post by Mo3964
Let me know if the flat you are moving out from will be free to rent, because I am wanting to relocate to london.

Sorry the landlord has already found a new tenant, where in London are you looking for a place?
I started my role on the 13th November, so its been just over a month. However, I am yet to start the actual appreticeship course, and I haven't recieved any information from the fast track team. I'm on the Business scheme - is anybody else in a similar situatuation?
Original post by Lydia____
I started my role on the 13th November, so its been just over a month. However, I am yet to start the actual appreticeship course, and I haven't recieved any information from the fast track team. I'm on the Business scheme - is anybody else in a similar situatuation?

Yes i started my role a week ago and nobody so far knows what i'm supposed to be studying on the Business Scheme. I have just been doing further reading and as much as i can in relation to my role but nothing specific yet.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have been looking at the city and guilds website as this is apparently who runs the course but none of the documents are up to date - I'm guessing they haven't released the outline of the course yet for this year. I'm hoping after xmas we find out a bit more!
Original post by Lydia____
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have been looking at the city and guilds website as this is apparently who runs the course but none of the documents are up to date - I'm guessing they haven't released the outline of the course yet for this year. I'm hoping after xmas we find out a bit more!

Gosh i hope so, it did say we wouldn't start the apprenticeship straight away but one month is quite enough!
Hi everyone. I'm going to be applying for the Fast Track scheme this month, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice, since you've got onto the scheme. I have some questions, so if any of you could be kind enough to answer some of them, that would be much appreciated!

Did you have an overall positive or negative experience during the application process?
Do you have any tips for the application process?
Now that you've started your roles, how are you enjoying them? What's an average day at work like for you?

Thanks very much! :smile:
Original post by ewang21
Hi everyone. I'm going to be applying for the Fast Track scheme this month, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice, since you've got onto the scheme. I have some questions, so if any of you could be kind enough to answer some of them, that would be much appreciated!

Did you have an overall positive or negative experience during the application process?
Do you have any tips for the application process?
Now that you've started your roles, how are you enjoying them? What's an average day at work like for you?

Thanks very much! :smile:

Hi

Just thought I'd let you know that they completely lied to me what my role was so be careful. I'e since left as they had me doing menial jobs that were nothing like they had said I'd be doing. Sorry if that' a negative but I just want others to be aware as I know a couple others who had this same experience
Hello, I am starting soon and was wondering wether this job requires a suit and tie or casual clothing ?
Original post by Nox12312
Hello, I am starting soon and was wondering wether this job requires a suit and tie or casual clothing ?

It's very much smart suit and tie type dress code
Hey I've just applied for this year, just wondering how the interview process went for yous, and if you got the job what its like? anyone based around Newcastle?
Could anyone who applied for the commercial scheme and got a place tell me what role they ended up with?

It’s hard to make a choice when they don’t give you even any example of the roles 🤔
Thanks

Thanks I actually got this years Facebook page set up but my question above is more relivant to those who have already been successful.
Reply 1738
Original post by shell_xx_shell
Thanks I actually got this years Facebook page set up but my question above is more relivant to those who have already been successful.

Sorry, it wasn't aimed at you. More for anybody who stumbles on this thread looking for info on the current year intake.

Good luck.
Hi,
Can anyone who has recently started on this answer a question for me please.
When you start are you a permanent civil service employee immediately or only after the 2 years?
Are you entitled to sick pay/ maternity etc. when you start?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending