Revision Help for GCSE, only a few months and I'm left panicking

Watch
b.w.s.o
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
At the moment I've been trying to revise for all my subjects, However I find computer science a difficult subject which makes me feel under a lot of pressure with my target grades being A* My question is how do I effectively read and understand what I'm trying to revise and how to ensure I don't forget it or just memorise it .
miss-who
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
For me, I just like to make detailed notes. I write down everything I need to know in my notebook and this helps me to remember it and understand it. I try and write notes in a sort of step by step style as if I'm explaining everything to myself and I usually remember it then.

When I need to go over something I've already made notes on I try to write my answers as if I'm in an exam. Then in a test I can just rephrase it but there shouldn't be too many surprise questions that I haven't thought about at all.
SongBird2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by b.w.s.o)
At the moment I've been trying to revise for all my subjects, However I find computer science a difficult subject which makes me feel under a lot of pressure with my target grades being A* My question is how do I effectively read and understand what I'm trying to revise and how to ensure I don't forget it or just memorise it .
Don't worry take it easy, try to hammer through past papers and make revision flash cards for things that you have to know. Literally write one question on a card and on the back write the answer. When you answered going through the cards, test yourself, the ones you get wrong put in one pile and the ones you get right keep in another pile. Keep repeating the wrong pile until you have none left. Trust me this strategy work's it helped me get am A* and A In R.E and Biology Last year in Year 10. Get the questions from your revision guide's. Honestly I believe you will do well so you should too. Keep calm and just think about that long summer we have ahead of us...... it will all be over in 3/4 months. Hope this helped thanks!
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by b.w.s.o)
USE OCR COMPUTING VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE THEY WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE MUCH BETTER THAN A TEXTBOOK!x And (if you do OCR) remember the CA work is worth 60% and the theory paper is only worth 40% so make sure you do VERY well on your CA's to take some of the pressure off you and make your goal more realistic! You can do it!!!x
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah and OP you should have a 3 month long summer so use that as motivation to SMASH your exams!!!x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.34%
October 2021 (216)
45.28%
November 2021 (54)
11.32%
December 2021 (62)
13%
January 2021 (54)
11.32%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.6%